Daily Adow2's 365 for 2014

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

This my first proper attempt at one of these projects. I have half heartedly tried it in the past and embarrassingly caved in after a week!

I've heard it does help improve your photography so I'm going to make a concerted effort to get as many 365 photographs as I possibly can in the year.
I may even try to improve my IT skills and create a blog (weekly) to run along with it.

If anyone who has completed one of these would like to offer any positive advice to assist me that would be very much appreciated!

Well her goes here's my first three!View attachment 3228
View attachment 3229View attachment 3230

Sadly day 4 is not really grabbing my attention other than I do like the colours off the sunset.

I think that was what pushed me into including it.......I also thought it was fitting with it being around the 12th night and taking the deccies down. I take your point though! :) should have played around with different angles/ composition etc, but my main task was to get the tree down before it went dark! Lol :)

I think that was what pushed me into including it.......I also thought it was fitting with it being around the 12th night and taking the deccies down. I take your point though! :) should have played around with different angles/ composition etc, but my main task was to get the tree down before it went dark! Lol :)

Yes it's helpful to have the tree down while one can see what's going on as it where. I can see what you were looking to achieve, but just a tad off care on composition I think was the order off the day. Non the less despite being unwell I am looking forward to your image for today.

#5 of 365

My Kodak Retinette 1B. I took this straight in B&W on my Fujifilm XF1. I positioned the camera on a white class table top which have the gloss background. The shutter fires but I have not a had a chance to run a film through!

#6 of 365

Puddle of Life...... Only had lunch time to get my photo of the day......,,it was raining!! Spotted this reflection of the Liver Buildings in a puddle. Shot in B&W straight from camera.

I know it's not awe inspiring but I guess you can't take brilliant shots every single day!
View attachment 3433

Like no 5 Alan, well shot.
Today's does catch my attention too, i like it.

I have been debating on day 6 all day deciding on if i like it or not and i have come to the conclusion that i like the reflection of the liver building in the puddle, I also the feel the image has a bit of a sad feel to it.

I have been debating on day 6 all day deciding on if i like it or not and i have come to the conclusion that i like the reflection of the liver building in the puddle, I also the feel the image has a bit of a sad feel to it.
I think the grainy look to the photo gives the moody feel. I didn't intentionally shoot it for that reason, but I suppose because it was really downcast with the dark clouds and rain it's come through on the shot.

The more I look at it the happier I am with it. :)

I quite like the shot, possibly a tweak to give it a bit more contrast and bring out some more definition would improve it but it's a better grab shot than I managed as yesterday was a 5.30am to 10.30pm day, so need to catch up today:(

I quite like the shot, possibly a tweak to give it a bit more contrast and bring out some more definition would improve it but it's a better grab shot than I managed as yesterday was a 5.30am to 10.30pm day, so need to catch up today:(

It's harder than you think this 365 project! I'm gonna struggle today, hoping to be inspired at lunch! Otherwise I'll be panicking this evening! Good luck today!

Ok I promise not to say a word........I like this but it's a little to tight in the frame for me, especially at the bottom of the image would of loved to see a little more room.

:clap::clap::clap: Well done for completing your first week.

Yeah take on board RE the crop. Only noticed after I'd uploaded and out of the few I had taken in different compositions this was the best, focus and comp wise. Just didn't have the time to go back to the camera and re-shoot...... School boy error I know but a good lesson learnt for next time.....don't rush the shot! Thanks for the feed back :)

Back