ADSL Provider

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I can now finally get 2mb ADSL and I'm looking to swap providers, any that you guys can recommend or ones I should keep away from, at the moment I'm thinking of using Tiscali 2mb unlimited + Any time calls for £19.99/month.

I'm with Vispa at the moment and they have been very good, although I will probably switch to Sky as it free.

although I will probably switch to Sky as it free.

Until you register and they tell you that the free sky isnt in your area so you will have to have SKY CONNECT which is 17.99 per month!

However that is a lot cheaper than the 27.99 pm that I am paying Wanadoo/Orange at the moment. (although the service has been faultless I have to say).

friggin plusnet, customer service and product has been rubbish lately. Delayed emails, 7kb/s uploads to website, no response to support tickets, holding on phone for ages :bang: :razz:

Got fed up with cheap isps and went to ZEN who have been top notch. No phone calls included mind you.

I'd stay clear of anything to do with Pipex or their clones (Nildram and F2S)

I'm with Vispa at the moment and they have been very good, although I will probably switch to Sky as it free.
free!?! lol - who told you that. Read the small print and add up the cost of the whole package. The same applies to any firm offering 'free' anything.

I know talk talk have got a bad name, but I use them and apart from some initial teething problems all is good so far. Have to admit I am worried that if I do get another problem I will be sat on hold for at least half an hour and when my call is taken, they probably won't understand me.

On the plus note, my phone bill used to be around £70 a month, but now I pay around £25 to £30

I looked at the Sky option too but they say they won't be in my area for at least 12 months. As no one has screamed don't go to Tiscali and the fact my mate has had no trouble over the last year with them I think I'll give them a try.

Having worked for various ISPs for a number of years I would suggest that people avoid the cheaper providers. They are ok until anything goes wrong and you need help, and then it will all start to fall apart on you.

Best ADSL = Zen, Nildram, Demon
Best cable = Blueyonder

I am currently paying £24.99 a month for 8Mb from Zen and I get the full 8Mb 24/7. I have never waited more than 2 minutes to get through to them on the phone...

friggin plusnet, customer service and product has been rubbish lately. Delayed emails, 7kb/s uploads to website, no response to support tickets, holding on phone for ages :bang: :razz:

YEP!!!

My brother is with Plusnet and having the same problems dod..:(

I have been with Nildram since I had ADSL enabled some 4 years ago and can only praise them. Not the cheapest around but certainly a trouble free ISP..(y)

BTW: I had MAX enabled some time back and it works a treat with no extra cost..:woot:

broke-the-504kbps.jpg

take a look at www.adslguide.org.uk for a breakdown of deals and info on satisfaction ratings etc

btw... that download - I completed it in 20 sec at 765kb sec - a bit slow for a 10mb line (compared to what I get when downloading multiple torrents)

I looked at the Sky option too but they say they won't be in my area for at least 12 months. As no one has screamed don't go to Tiscali and the fact my mate has had no trouble over the last year with them I think I'll give them a try.

I have had tiscali broadband for 4 years and have had no problem at all.
Comes recommended from me.

Back