Adult Puma Sighted in Scotland

My eyes told me that I saw a man dressed as an Edwardian era farmworker. What did I actually see? I've no idea, but I'd love to find a sound scientific explanation for it.
...and such explanations do exist.
There are other causes of "fake memories" and the longer you live the more prone you become to such events. I guess the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't do such a great job when it created Homo Sapiens. :naughty:

Neither would I, but I'd like to think you took the question in the spirit it was meant ...
.... Yes I did. Your Smilie expressed that spirit. (y) Cheers!
That's a mindset I've never understood. If I know someone's broken the law, I'd persuade them to hand themselves over or report them myself (which I have done).
.... It's all about Trust and Loyalty among close friends. For me, it's the way I have been brought up - What happens within family and friends has nothing to do with anyone else. I can see a very valid argument against thinking that way but it is what it is.

Isn't it wonderful how topic discussions meander! :D

There are other causes of "fake memories" and the longer you live the more prone you become to such events. I guess the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't do such a great job when it created Homo Sapiens. :naughty:
.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That "Flying Spaghetti Monster" sentence is brilliant! Excellent!

I'm 74yo and feel quite comfortable with my fantasies even if some call them "fake memories" :ROFLMAO:

What happens within family and friends has nothing to do with anyone else.
I would see it as anti-social behaviour, not to report evidence of a criminal act that harmed another person. Other things are more of a judgement call.

But no, he did not confide in me about Lucan and if he or others in that circle had done so, I would still never tell.
I’d have to say you would be in the wrong then :(. It was a particularly nasty murder of an entirely innocent person.

Belated congratulations on managing to pass your pet lynx off as a weird type of Siamese cat :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Unfortunately not, just a Siamese with a big cat attitude! She was the one on the left in this photo.

49936162672_bbc4e3a34a_b.jpg

I think it's important to keep an open mind about anything that science cannot explain rather than disbelieve something just because it cannot be conventionally explained.
(y)
I've seen men in black as well :D

The best rumour I heard was that he, Lucan, ended up as "pet food"

.... With reference to the hedge, in speculation might not a four-legged animal's weight be distributed fairly evenly across a section of hedge? And wouldn't the density of the hedge's structure also be a factor? In other words, we can speculate that it might have been possible.
I think if it was very regularly clipped there would be lots of twiggy stuff at the top though farm hedges only get clipped once a year. There could have been substantial branches or even a tree stump in the hedge. We’ll never know since Jeff didn’t look at the time :(.

Thats been making my OCD twitch for yonks now,,, couldn't take it anymore.
The title I ”hate” is Stairs - an open thread — I can’t get Stairs - an open tread out of my mind. maybe because it sounds an intriguing title :(.

The title I ”hate” is Stairs - an open thread — I can’t get Stairs - an open tread out of my mind. maybe because it sounds an intriguing title :(.
I pretty much ALWAYS read that as TREAD, mainly because as a kid I was really badly scared of heights and made my mothers life a misery when shopping as I wouldn't go upstairs in a couple of shops because they had open tread staircases. Strange I ended up getting over the heights thing, and ending up quite a keen rock-climber by my teens...

I can’t get Stairs - an open tread out of my mind.
It's so easy to lose the tread of your thoughts with these things... :naughty: :coat:

...and such explanations do exist.
Unfortunately those explanations don't explain why, in both cases, more than one person (independent witnesses with no prior knowledge of the phenomena) saw and experienced the same thing. So you've drawn a blank with those particular hypotheses. As the independent witnesses had no prior knowledge of the 'experience' it also rules out any possibility of small scale 'mass hysteria' as a possible cause, before you suggest that.

As you can probably understand, my mother remained sceptical about what I'd seen... until she read that 'local interest story' in the local paper (Stockport Advertiser). I'll not forget that evening either; out of the blue she asked me to describe what I'd seen, then went rather quite and refused to tell me why she'd asked me. After some considerable pestering she eventually gave in, handed me the paper and said "Read that"! Once I'd read it I just looked at her and said "I told you what I'd seen!". At least after that she knew I hadn't imagined it.

Last edited:
I pretty much ALWAYS read that as TREAD, mainly because as a kid I was really badly scared of heights and made my mothers life a misery when shopping as I wouldn't go upstairs in a couple of shops because they had open tread staircases. Strange I ended up getting over the heights thing, and ending up quite a keen rock-climber by my teens...
Now I have fear that the title will be changed to tread :(.

It's so easy to lose the tread of your thoughts with these things... :naughty: :coat:
just looked up the spot on google earth 52*22'25" N 2*54'08" w bottom r/h corner of field hedge and wood still there . you never know your luck ..p.s dont go in the dark it weren't no tabby cat

just looked up the spot on google earth 52*22'25" N 2*54'08" w bottom r/h corner of field hedge and wood still there . you never know your luck ..p.s dont go in the dark it weren't no tabby cat
Your coordinates should be, I assume, 52°22'25" N 2°54'08" W .

Unfortunately those explanations don't explain why, in both cases, more than one person (independent witnesses ....
I wasn't discussing any particular case, simply pointing out just a few possible explanations for false observations and false memories.

Unfortunately not, just a Siamese with a big cat attitude! She was the one on the left in this photo.

49936162672_bbc4e3a34a_b.jpg
Those markings could be Abbysinnian.

Those markings could be Abbysinnian.
I can see what you mean, but Abyssinian cats don't usually have such pronounced lynx type 'clothes peg' shaped markings running from the sides of their eyes and cheeks. She was a lovely looking cat, but a bit ferocious if she didn't know somebody. She had one of our visitors so frightened that we found him standing behind a chair like a lion tamer! :giggle:

The Gossander with them, my goodly Fennes doe show
His head as Ebon blacke, the rest as white as Snow, (25.65–6)

Drayton makes the first recorded usage of ‘goosander’ (though he prefers the spelling ‘gossander’), the now standard European name for the Mergus merganser, a large partially migratory duck found throughout North America, Europe and Northern Asia.

I love cats with attitude!

Our first cat was Pixie. My wife adopted her as a frightened litle street kitten in Hong Kong when we lived there, and she grew up into a small, very feisty, cat who never forgot her feral background! There were a few 'episodes' with people who failed to respect her, but the one that sticks in my mind was my father in law playing the fool with my wife, standing in front of her chair and pushing her back every time she tried to stand up for some reason. Pixie decided her human 'mother' was under threat and went into full attack mode. She screamed like a banshee, came over the back of the chair and went for the 'monster', claws raking for his face ... she left his shirt ripped open with blood dripping from the claw tracks on his chest and he never got on the wrong side of her again. Brave little Pixie, she was nearly 21 when she died and we still miss her!

Why go all the way to Patagonia when you can get eaten by one just around the corner in Glasgow? ;)

Why go all the way to Patagonia when you can get eaten by one just around the corner in Glasgow? ;)

Better mountains....:D

Torres del Paine has been on my bucket list for a while - I think my landscape photography is at the point of deminishing returns - I am as good as I will ever be so it's time to start adding new and exciting places to the portfolio.

But I don't want eaten by a Puma :D

Chased off Rannoch Moor by the Midges - or chased off the hills of Patagonia by a hungry Puma.

These are two binary choices.
Think I`d prefer my choices with one BIG mother F******r than thousands of little Mother F******s
PS, A Puma won`t always attack a human and are easily scared off.

Think I`d prefer my choices with one BIG mother F******r than thousands of little Mother F******s
PS, A Puma won`t always attack a human and are easily scared off.

You gotta hope if you encounter a Puma he or she isn't in the attacking in need of lunch frame of mind....

Otherwise you're dying thought would be "If only I was on Rannoch Moor, tied to the ground, naked with the midges" as this is far more brutal than this.

Back