Advice on a tripod please.

Bubbs

Bhaji Bev....
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided its time to buy myself a tripod but there is so much choice I just don't know which one to get. I have a budget of around £100, I really like the manfrotto and like the idea of the ball head, but I'm not sure which one to get. Please does anyone have any suggestions on which is the best one to get for a good price :help:

Thanks.

Thanks was thinking might possible get the manfrotto 190 prob its £79.95 with the 486 RC2 ball head which is £49.99 bit over budget so will have to have a think but it looks good I do like the look of the 055 prob but its over £100 so don't think it will be that one.

That is a very good price thanks for the link it does sound very good.

Only one thing, till you get used to it it's a bit like wrestling with a live squid setting it up :D

Thanks for your advice I will read up on a few reviews of them tomorrow thanks again for your help (y)

A definate vote in favour of the 190PROB and 486RC2 head combo from here. That's what I'm using now and I love it to bits already. Makes SUCH a difference having a good sturdy set up and the option to use the centre column in the horizontal position comes in useful too. I'm only short (5'1") and it's the perfect height for me - absolutely spot on. If you are more than a few inches taller you MIGHT need to consider something taller but it would depend how much time you'd likely spend using it I would imagine.

Good luck with the choice whichever way you go!

Thanks for both of your advice, Paul has got the 190 prob so think i will have to have a good play with it and see whats its like so far it looks good, he has a different ball head but the 486 i agree does appear to have good reviews. I'm still quite tempted with the Benbo Trekker2 kit, its should a good price too many to choose from :shrug:

Im just on my way to pick up my 055PROB and 488RC2 (Yup, going for the tripod after all :D).

Although its over budget, people have recommended the digi range, and i would deffo agree.

Thanks Arkady will have a think but think i want one with a ball head think i might try and see if i can have alook at the Benbo Trekker2 kit tomorrow if i can find somewhere with one and then make a decission after that.

I recently sold my Benbo Trekker II kit. I just couldnt get to grips with it.
The Manfrotto 190 Pro B is so much easier to manage.

Just my take on things.

I recently sold my Benbo Trekker II kit. I just couldnt get to grips with it.
The Manfrotto 190 Pro B is so much easier to manage.

Just my take on things.

Thanks for your comment Steep has also said it can be hard to get used to, the manfrotto i know is easy to use as Paul has one but its way over budget although if its better it is worth the extra just might have to save till next month when I have some more money, not sure what to do now still think it would be a good idea to try and find one to look at.

Thanks for everyones help :)

Thanks for your comment Steep has also said it can be hard to get used to, the manfrotto i know is easy to use as Paul has one but its way over budget although if its better it is worth the extra just might have to save till next month when I have some more money, not sure what to do now still think it would be a good idea to try and find one to look at.

Thanks for everyones help :)

But as you have just had your wisdom tooth removed, surely the tooth fairy (aka as Paul) will put some pounds under your pillow!

But as you have just had your wisdom tooth removed, surely the tooth fairy (aka as Paul) will put some pounds under your pillow!

Tooth Fairy? :eek: :razz:
Careful Rob, saying things like that will encourage the admins to change my title :cautious: . Look what they did to Janice and Darksaber!

The tooth fairy left me some money :D Thank you :love:
Well I've bought one not either of the ones I said but still a Manfrotto.
Went for the Manfrotto 725B Tripod Kit, looks really good and comes with the legs, ball head, quick release plate and a bag and got it all for £79.99 with free delivery, bought it last night it was a sale price and have looked back today and its back up for £84.99, glad I got it last night (y)

Well done....glad you're all sorted!

Can I just use this tripod thread...to ask if any of you have a strap on your Manfrotto 190B or 055B?
I have a tripod bag with a strap but I only use that for keeping it in.
When out for a day with the Lowepro Mini Trekker I use the tripod straps on the Mini Trekker.

But when just out for a quick walk, I want a strap on the actual pod.
Is the longer one or shorter one best .... any opinions?
(I seem to be always asking is long better than short dont I!!;) )

I've never thought about using a strap! I mostly take my Mini Trekker out with me when out and I slot the tripod into the space at the front. If i don't take the trekker, I don't take the tripod and I try to make do with the IS on my lens.

Bigger & longer are not always better...... It's the use you put them to that counts :)

Not sure about straps Janice - have seriously considered some hefty bean bags lately though - something i can comfortably lay my long lens on without the hassle of wrestling with a bunch of legs first. Now, do i need something large and squidgy, or is it better to use a firmer and possibly smaller one?

Had to - too many opportunities ignored in the last thread - thought my head was in a vice........! Ah, sweat relief :)

Well done....glad you're all sorted!

Can I just use this tripod thread...to ask if any of you have a strap on your Manfrotto 190B or 055B?
I have a tripod bag with a strap but I only use that for keeping it in.
When out for a day with the Lowepro Mini Trekker I use the tripod straps on the Mini Trekker.

But when just out for a quick walk, I want a strap on the actual pod.
Is the longer one or shorter one best .... any opinions?
(I seem to be always asking is long better than short dont I!!;) )

Haven't got one Janice for my 055, but have looked at the bay recently. Not an urgent one for me right now, having just spent £70 at 7 day shop for spare batteries and CF !!

Back