Advice on new camera body

Name
Omar
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey there,

I have had a canon eos 550d in the past. Sold it not long ago.

Looking to upgrade but not sure to what yet.

Preferably canon. I use for personal use and just as a hobby.

I have around £500 to £700 to spend on a body at the moment. What are my options?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Can you afford a canon 77d. Im not sure how much they are these days but a decent Canon from what I have seen.
Otherwise a Nikon d7200 or Fuji mirrorless if switching systems would get my vote

I have 50mm f1.8 and 55-250mm lenses. Oh and the 18-55mm lens

I take pictures of everything and anything.

Looking to upgrade but not sure to what yet.
Why do you want to upgrade? What do you want to be able to do with your new camera, that you couldn't do (or couldn't do as easily / quickly / well) with your 550D?

If you can answer that, it will provide some guidelines for the direction of your upgrade. If you can't, then perhaps you don't need an upgrade.

I wouldn’t get anything older than the 77D. It’s realistically the first Rebel with a noticeable sensor improvement.

80D at HDEW were around £615 with a three year warranty, well within the OP's budget and a massive upgrade from the 550D.

80D at HDEW were around £615 with a three year warranty, well within the OP's budget and a massive upgrade from the 550D.

Agree 80D frpm HDEW for £619. I bought one last week after upgrading from 750D and love it.

Another vote for the 80D here too

Great camera and excellent value for money.

That's what I'd opt for in OP's situation. Doesn't matter what he shoots, for the money you may as well have the best on offer, and the 80D can't be beat for less than £700 in the Canon APSC line.

Back