Advice sought on the choice of a new(ish) camera, please

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm seeking ideas and advice on the purchase of my next digital camera. I have been using a Fuji X20, and whilst I have enjoyed the camera's qualities, I would like a camera with a more powerful zoom.
Considerations are: Wanted: RAW option. Zoom 15X or above. No excessively heavy or bulky. (Although I do expect the replacement to be bigger than the X20!) GPS and WiFi would be nice, and a small flash too. To cost not much more than £300, and I'm happy to buy refurbished or second hand. I wouldn't want to be bothered with inter-changeable lenes, but enjoy being able to use manual controls from time to time.
I'm not interested in video.
I don't tend to take high-action shots, more landscapes, architecture and family pictures.
I enjoy playing with digital editing, and my most demanding output is the occasional A3 print from my Canon printer.
I have been reading reviews of the Coolpix700 (a tad bulky perhaps, and I don't really need 60x zoom) and the Lumix T100. They are both expensive for me, but I might be lucky second hand.
Any comments, ideas, and advice would be most welcome.

These are unknown waters to me so can't help but

:welcome: :cool:

I think you'd be better going to a larger camera store, not sure where you're based but here in Brum they have a flagship Jessops, so oodles on display that you can hold and play with.

Yes, Your right, I must go and handle some of the options. I guess I mentioned the Lumix and the Nikon as they came out well in some reviews that I had read. However, you read another review, you get a very different opinion.
Thanks to Ste_S I have put the Coolpix out of mind. I really don't need a huge zoom, but I used to have a Lumix with a X12 zoom before the Fuji X20, and I do miss the option to get close in, especially with candid shots of family members.
At present, and based only on various reviews I've read, I'm most interested to try the Lumix TZ100.
If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be interested to hear.
Many thanks.

Why not use the ILC capacity and add an 55-200?

I still have a Nikon Coolpix L26 which I keep in the car. It is well out of production now but takes good photos., 5x zoom and video. So I would if it were me go for the Nikon brand
Just taken this photo as an example

TexiAZq.jpg

Even rig it on a long Skyvac Pole to do house gutter examination to see if they need cleaning

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0GSSePbY4

16rXll3.jpg

Last edited:
The original question has been resolved by me ordering a Lumix TZ100.
thanks for your inputs.

Back