Advice

Name
Jill
Edit My Images
Yes
I won the bid for a pentax mx last night and I have messaged the seller for 2 questions which I know I stupidly should have asked before. One of them is, on the pics there is no front cap so wanted to make sure it had one and did it have the manual. They still haven't got back to me. Shall I just carry on with the sale and pay now or wait for them to message me

You have agreed to buy, so send the payment, you can only get out of the sale if the item is not as described.

Do not worry about small items like caps and manuals they can be purchased at low cost or downloaded from Butkus with a little $3 contribution.

I won the bid for a pentax mx last night and I have messaged the seller for 2 questions which I know I stupidly should have asked before. One of them is, on the pics there is no front cap so wanted to make sure it had one and did it have the manual. They still haven't got back to me. Shall I just carry on with the sale and pay now or wait for them to message me

You can get front lens caps for 99p with free postage in the Uk and for the manual I would say you can get it free (or small voluntary donation) on the net.
e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/52mm-snap-cen...0687227455&po=&ps=63&clkid=898981866120872514

Thank you everyone I thought as much I will get on my laptop asap and pay, excited to get it now

FWIW, I keep all the manuals for all my cameras on my phone now. Far more convenient when I actually need to refer to them out in the field.

Manuals and caps are easy to source - as above for manuals (read them in PDF form, if you have a smartphone you can also store it on there and read it from there) and front caps are easy to find, both official and unofficial. Certainly not deal breakers. You've got an MX coming! :)

EDIT: reading my post again, I seem to have replicated everything everyone has said, despite the fact that I read through the replies before I wrote mine. weird.

Last edited:
Think you have entered into a contract being the winning bidder. So I think its a pay and learn by your mistakes... or risk neg feed back

Seller cannot leave negative feedback.

You should really have asked before even bidding. :D
Just pay for it and learn from the mistake.

ziggy© said:
You should really have asked before even bidding. :D
Just pay for it and learn from the mistake.

I know fingers crossed it's ok though I've bought a lens too so will be put straight on body if it's minus a cap and good to know I can get a manual easy enough

Funny how they have replied to me after I paid she said it comes as described so means no manual. If no cap on body that surely isn't good but I suppose if it's not working then it's sellers fault as she said it was fully working.
Oh I will learn my eBay lesson at least it didn't break the bank

Although not really recommended, not having a body cap on a film camera is generally not a huge cause for concern unless you live in a desert environment. They are not as susceptible to dust in the same way digi cameras are. A quick blow out with a rocket blower will shift most stuff.

RaglanSurf said:
Although not really recommended, not having a body cap on a film camera is generally not a huge cause for concern unless you live in a desert environment. They are not as susceptible to dust in the same way digi cameras are. A quick blow out with a rocket blower will shift most stuff.

I live in Abu Dhabi glad the seller doesn't and it's getting posted to Liverpool and that's certainly not a desert. Thanks for the reassurance in going to get it all checked when it arrives so they will give it a clean I'm sure

Back