advice

Name
Elish
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I am new to this as I am seeking advice! I am a keen but relatively new to photography but I have a strong interest in wildlife photography. I have been using the Fujifilm finepix hs20exr for about a year and would like to upgrade to a DSLR for a better zoom and a better picture quality. Can anyone recommend anything for wildlife?

Thanks!

Pop to a real camera shop and talk to them, try out various different bodies and see what you are most comfortable with.
Most brands are very similar in what they can do so the choice is yours and a good photographic shop will give you good advicenot talking chain stores here.
As for lenses get a fairly long either fixed or zoom once again depends on your budget

thanks very much. Im probably looking at a budget of £700-£800 max :)

E, you mention Wildlife, so are you going to be including Birds ? If not, 200-300mm lenses might just get you by for animals due to their size, but this can be ( not always ) too short for small Birds.

300mm + and even longer if you're going for Birdsas well as animals, and the longer the better, but cost and weight comes into it

If you buy 2nd hand, you can get some reasonable gear with your budget, and you wont cop for the depreciation when you sell it on to upgrade

Any Canon Rebel series from the 450D upwards or Nikon D90, D300, just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Yeah I would be including birds, probably primarily focusing on birds. Im just back from a week in mull seeing the amazing Sea Eagles! Thanks for all your advice :D

Elish as been said get a hands on in a shop,then after you have made a short list have a look on here at the second hand market,you may be surprised at what you can pick up with your budget,just remember that good glass is the most important thing,all the best and welcome to the addictive world of wildlife photography.

Back