AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm 1.35-5.6 G ED Bayonet Mount Ring

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I have recently taken up photography and inherited a Nikon D300 with AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm 1.35-5.6 G ED lens. Apologies if my terminology is wrong but what I believe is the bayonet mounting ring is missing. I would like to be able to use a lens hood, but don't think I will be able to attach one without the mounting ring. Does anyone know of a way to attach a lens hood without one or know where I would be able to get one from? A long time searching on the internet has not helped unfortunately...!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 17.33.56 by Mark Page, on Flickr

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 17.35.27 by Mark Page, on Flickr

Definately look like it's incomplete Mark.

It's missing the filter thread too.

Maybe an email to Nikon might be required but I wouldn't spend too much on the part if I were you.

It may be cheaper to source a replacement lens.

MPB have them for about £120 quid so should give an idea if you can get a quote for repair and go from there.

Terry.

Almost looks like the outermost/end bezel(ring) was removed rather than fell [you can see the clean screw holes].................no idea why that might have been done???

However, if the lens is functioning AOK and bearing in mind that neither will you be able to fit filters to the lens.

How about a rubber lenshood ~ I know nowt about this product other than I found it by Googling. Every other rubber one I have seen mentioned in the past used the bayonet point as appropriate on a lens. This one seems to not need that and simply(?) stretched over the end of the lens as needed :)

HTH but as Terry @GreenNinja67 says, it is very unlikely to be worth repairing even if functioning AOK!

Yeah shield it with one hand if you have to.

As box says not worth repairing I'm afraid mate.

They were never that good to warrant it tbh.

There's also a Nikon manual viewer app for Android and iOS. You can download manuals to your phone or tablet and read them on screen (y)

Back