After Effects & Time Lapse Issue

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

I noticed the other day I was having an issue when importing a sequence of JPGs into AE for a timelapse. I assumed I f***ed up somewhere. Anyway, the same is happening today.

I'm importing multiple files into AE as I always have done when making timelapses.... But for some reason, every x number of frames, it imports a random image that should show later on in the timeline.... So for example, this morning wwas a sunrise lighting up a building.... You can see the shadows moving, then after 10 frames, there is 1 frame where the building is brigher and clouds have massively moved along, then frame 12 is back to normal. Again at frame 22, there is an out of place image....

Everything is correct regarding FPS etc etc. I have imported the images the same way as I've done timelapses in the past.

Any suggestions?

Update, upon checking the original files and the AE comp, it appears that it actually imports file 1, then 10 incorrect files, then file 2, then 10 incorrect, file 3 and so on....

It's hard to see where the 10 are coming from, but I can rule out the possibility it being file 1 followed by 10-19, then 2 followed by 20-29 etc.... The only way I can tel is becasue there are some airplane vapoour trails in the JPGs that last for at least 50 files, and they don't appear when there is a wrong batch being rendered...

Really doing my head in now

Is it to do with the file numbering like needing 01 rather than 1
Just a thought since you mentioned 10s

A couple of things:

are you using raw files in After Effects to do the timelapse? if so when you are importing multiple files make sure you tick camera raw sequence

obviously make sure files are named/numbered correctly ie 0001, 0002, 0003

I used to use AE for timelapse but now do it in Premiere as I find that method much better.

Back