Afternoon in the woods

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
This afternoon we went to Knole park in Sevenoaks and I was hoping to take few photos of deers, but they decided to hide or run away, so here are my family photos instead.

Thanks for looking

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

I am not comfortable with these renditions…
#4 being the least pleasing. You got some
good moments here, Irina but I think they
should be taken to square one again. :cool:

Nice looking family, these seem to be a bit flat. I'd like to see a bit more saturation. I would have shot #3 a lot tighter so you would lose the top and bench to the right.

Haha, well I love the PP. :D

The tribe presets certainly split peoples opinions but I personally love them.

Great family moments you've captured. Does your partner take pics of you with the kids? Don't forget they're 'family' photo's... ;)

What @minnnt David said Irina!
I too like the processing. I would be tempted by a closer crop on #3 to remove the featureless sky, it's a little distracting.
Good work!

Haha, well I love the PP. :D

The tribe presets certainly split peoples opinions but I personally love them.

Great family moments you've captured. Does your partner take pics of you with the kids? Don't forget they're 'family' photo's... ;)

Thank you! I've noticed from my previous post people either love it or hate it :) unfortunately our family photos looks like 3 of them and then me separately taken by someone else..

What @minnnt David said Irina!
I too like the processing. I would be tempted by a closer crop on #3 to remove the featureless sky, it's a little distracting.
Good work!

Thank you!
Usually I take photos really close and mainly face or top half of the body, so I was challenging myself to take a wider shot (with 50mm lens).
But if I tighten the crop, the photo looks different and I like it as well
IMG_1325-2.jpg

The only thing in focus on the last image appears to be the edge of the spoon to be brutal

If that is what you were aiming for then you nailed it

Les

Nice shots. I think number 3 would look good with a crop straight across the top from the top of the glass wall on the left of the frame. It looks like it should crop under the middle window on the building quite nicely and leaves the context of the benches too.

@Iren, what are you trying to achieve with the processing?

It's killing all the detail in the shadows and the highlights. That can sometimes be a useful thing to do - especially in the shadows - when there are details you want to de-emphasise. Unfortunately it's made these look lifeless and unnatural.

Alternatively.. just ignore me, stick to your artistic vision and make what you want. But do keep your target customer in mind.

I'm a little on the fence with regards to the processing, It's very much in vogue at the moment but I do wonder how you will view it in years to come. Certainly does suit some lifestyle and wedding but that's about it. Processing aside, all very good lifestyle shots that you will treasure.

Back