Air Con Bomb Cleaner

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
The couple I've bought before say the should last a few mins but run out after 10-15 seconds. What is a good brand for a air con bomb cleaner?

The ones I've used in the past only last maybe 15 or so seconds. The trick is to put your heating on recirculate, and air conditioning, then stick them full blast, then kick off the can. Shut all your doors and windows first then let your fans run full blast for about 5 - 10 minutes.

It's always best to change the interior air filter once a year as well. Most people don't even realise they have one. It's sometimes called a pollen filter.

I do both my vehicles once a year. I use Maguires or Halfords freshener cans.

The ones I've used in the past only last maybe 15 or so seconds. The trick is to put your heating on recirculate, and air conditioning, then stick them full blast, then kick off the can. Shut all your doors and windows first then let your fans run full blast for about 5 - 10 minutes.

It's always best to change the interior air filter once a year as well. Most people don't even realise they have one. It's sometimes called a pollen filter.

I do both my vehicles once a year. I use Maguires or Halfords freshener cans.

Thank. Before all the lockdown I had the interior air filter changed.
It's just that funky smell coming through the system when the vents are open and the air on. Maybe because it hasn't been used much over the last 3 months.
I don't know why the cans I got say they should spray for a few mins when they don't

I don’t remember the make of the cans we used but the instructions on the can included ‘remove pollen filter before use’ a fresh filter was installed after the system was cleared, Skyline, if the smell remains you may need a more thorough cleaner that is supplied with a long tube to spray into vents and heater and some are to be sprayed into the condenser area via the drain tube. This one of the reason a/c should be run hot and cold for short time weekly or at worst monthly to clear the system.

There was a machine at the garage like that, it was used to freshen up cars that stank of dog/fags or sometimes mobility cars, it was used post shampooing of the interior.

I've used Holts, Comma and STP and they were all pretty good. I do remember reading that you should run your heating for a while first in order to dry the evaporator, but I don't think this is ever mentioned in the bomb's instructions. Something to do with how the bacteria need moisture or use it to survive the bomb.

Back