Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Im interesed in doing some photography up at newcastle airport,

Does anyone have any advice, regarding locations, problems, etc etc

Thanks

Hi mate.

If you take the road from Hazelrigg, you pass a big wooden fence which is right at the end of the runway and a good place to get shots from.

Providing you park sensibly and don't obstruct the traffic, you will be fine. There's often a few people around there with cameras / radios.

Cheers

Anth

hi anth

Unfortunatly i will be going by metro, i have seen a few people around the airport freightway road, i was passing today and saw a photographer on the road between there and the airport and he must of got a good photo of the plane passing overhead.

is there a walk way round to the back? where you suggested

Thanks
Kevin

Yep been there myself good views of the planes taking off. Also there used to be a ok viewing area just off the B6918 which is the other side of the runway, haven't been up for a while so dont know if this can be used still

The main place i was thinking of going was just off the B6918, it was ok the last time i was up, without a camera, but i can see the fence being a problem at times, as im wanting some from on the runway

and whats the situation generally with security or police? for anyone that knows

Was up there about a year or two ago at that exact spot, didnt have any problems with security, etc. There was other people with cameras and binoculars, like i say dont know if they have changed ot though.

Forget the metro catch the bus to Dinnington X44 Mon to Sat daytime 45A/B nights and Sun from the haymarket or Regent Center theres bus stops not to far from the end of Coach lane.

Last edited:
Back