Airbus Beluga

jesus, never seen one of those before, as Tom says, thats one ugly M********er
wonder how many floors it has :D

Only one mate - it's a cargo aircraft, Airbus uses it to haul parts for other planes...

Nice shot, is there a way to find out when they take off/land to plan a drive up.

Great capture, not even sure it's mother loves it, it's that ugly...:D

And this is what they used back in the 80's to haul the Airbus wings off to Toulouse: The Guppy. It was an impressive sight at Madchester Airport when I was a kid.

Aero_Spacelines_377SGT_Super_Guppy_Turbine,_Airbus_Skylink_AN0592517.jpg

I worked at Airbus in Germany for a while a few years back. The Beluga uses the fuselage from the A300, but upside down. They had about 5 of them when I was there.

In terms of schedule, there certainly used to be an internal schedule available on the company intranet, but i never had need to find out if it was available externally.

Might have to persuade someone at the gates to let you know! I do know there was never a pattern, we checked daily.

If that's at the zoo how do they stop it flying away? :exit:

Lol.. I was going to say something similar but thought it might not be appreciated. My sense of humour isn't always appreciated. I was going to ask why it was in a zoo..is it on the endangered list ?..well, there ARE only 5 of them :D

5D3_8794_800.jpg

URL]

This is what the old Guppy looks like inside. Taken at Bruntingthorpe earlier this year.

D

Last edited:
Back