Al Fresco in the Rain

I quite like this and it could be even better with a couple of quick edits. I suggest just slightly brightening up the area around (and including) the man reading menu or newspaper, and then clone out the column of bright light on the right as this totally steals the focus.

That's a nice candid style capture Garry, works well.

"Agree with LLP about cloning out the bright column of light on the right"

I quite like this and it could be even better with a couple of quick edits. I suggest just slightly brightening up the area around (and including) the man reading menu or newspaper, and then clone out the column of bright light on the right as this totally steals the focus.

That's a nice candid style capture Garry, works well.

"Agree with LLP about cloning out the bright column of light on the right"

Thanks, George. :)
And thanks to you and LongLensPhotography for your suggestions.

Excellent, really atmospheric light

That's a really enjoyable image Garry. I'm interested to know whether you focussed on the water droplets or the people inside (I think the water droplets?), and how you made that decision? In scenarios like that, I'm often unsure what the point of focus should be.

That's a really enjoyable image Garry. I'm interested to know whether you focussed on the water droplets or the people inside (I think the water droplets?), and how you made that decision? In scenarios like that, I'm often unsure what the point of focus should be.

The water droplets. It was an easy decision. In the last I've been influenced a lot by the work of Saul Leiter and like to try something similar so that I can incorporate elements of his work into my photos.

Very nice....will try your elements !!
Think about cropping the bottom a tad ??
But still...greatly enjoy !!
Thanks you for the share !!

Back