Aldi gloves.....

I've caught my nose with mine just lifting my hand up to my cam and ouch... it hurts when you're cold as well :eek:

I like the hoodies for spring too

I ordered a pair of the Aldi gloves Sunday evening, they arrived today, less than 48 hours, not bad service that (y)

Cheers. Gr8 link :)(y)

I bought one of their fishermen hoodies (in a lovely olive green). I'm really quite impressed with it, it's seems well built, has holes in the cuffs to put your thumb through to help keep the sleeves pulled down over your hands and a nice spacious hood. My wife has bought the gloves before, they lasted a good amount of time when considering what she used them for (she has horses and they were used nearly every day for hard jobs), so bought she bought some more on Sunday.

but the grippy surface to the fingers and palm seems far more grippy than some of the expensive gloves
Exactly, and if you have a few quids worth of camera and lens in your hands, that counts for a lot.
I bought a beenie hat for a fiver too, very warm, but its a bit snug on my average sized head.

The gloves don't look too warm but the grippy surface to the fingers and palm seems far more grippy than some of the expensive gloves you get from outdoor shops......
Yes,they certainly wouldn't handle the cold we get up here,I use a pair of fingerless wooly mits that have rubber bobbley bits on the palm side and keep my hands in coat pockets when not pressing the shutter button.

Tesco have some "Thermal Gloves for Touch Sreen" on their garage forecourts......

I used the Aldi gloves in anger today, temp hovering around + 2 with a breeze and wind chill -2oC
As expected, my hands weren't roasting, ( don't you just hate sweaty hands? ) but were a damned site warmer than my ears with no hat on.
The best bit as far as I am concerned is the stickiness of the gloves, while holding / carrying the camera & lens.
And the fold back fingers / thumb.

All in all, I'd say that was a fiver well spent (y)

Picked up some of their fingerless gloves this morning & tried them this afternoon - not especially warm, but better than none at all, and the rubberised surface is very grippy. Only downside was that the palms came up wider than I'd have expected, making them a little baggy, but still tight around the fingers.

Canon,

Just for the grammar police [emoji6] [emoji1]

That would be the spelling police - the grammar police live next door. ;)

Got the Gloves and the fisherman's hat today. Gloves nice and grippy and good for gripping the dog lead.

Fisherman's hat is warm but very snug and I don't have a big head, hopefully it may stretch a little.

Back