Alien Sighting!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Actually it's only the local Day marker!

I've taken a few shots here this year at various times, this was by far my favourite shoot though in this location so far though.

Had to desaturate the green grass, brighten then replace colour for a lt grey before converting to mono, just to give the image the defining lead lines. Also decided to keep the Daymarker and myself really dark against the the clouds to give the image more impact.

And heres a landscape colour version for those of you wondering what it was like before the conversion.

Last edited:
The first is very interesting and different. Like it.

I dig the visual effect of the growth in the foreground of #1 though the sky is a tad shy…
#2 presents a dramatic cloud cover and the light intrusion from the right is awesome!

Fantastic work Neil, the B&W version gets my vote.
It has such a surreal look to it. My only small crit would be to lift the shadows a little at the foot of the structure just to bring a little of the detail back but apart from that, brilliant.

Couldnt give any crit.
Just really like them both.Great that you have told how you created the impact.On occasion I take the odd half descent image "I think" but just can't get the best out of it after in post.

Gaz

Fantastic work Neil, the B&W version gets my vote.
It has such a surreal look to it. My only small crit would be to lift the shadows a little at the foot of the structure just to bring a little of the detail back but apart from that, brilliant.

Couldnt give any crit.
Just really like them both.Great that you have told how you created the impact.On occasion I take the odd half descent image "I think" but just can't get the best out of it after in post.

Gaz

#1 is a brilliant piece of work.

Can't decide which one I like best. What I do know is, I like them both.

Top work Neil, I don't usually like selfie style images but you cracked them here, well done :)

Yep, great work Neil.

Very nice! I like no1 and think your edit works well, gives it that something and fits the title, very good.

Both amazing shots, but #1 has a timeless and classic feel - fantastic.

Many thanks for all the comments :)

First is excellent, possibly a little too dark in the foreground but the lines leading to the marker are very good.

That film "Signs" the first image reminds me of.... Both great shots, I need to get out more where is this building located?

2 excellent shots #1 works with loads of crops ... even chopping the top off the tower.

#2 is just beautiful so colourful and the range of colours caught is fantastic

Two great images Neil, the B&W shot pushes all the right buttons for me. The simpleness and stark contrast work very well with excellent lead in lines and composition.(y)

George.

Don't usually like these type of photos in B&W unless they are excellently done, like this one. Hits the spot for me! The colour one isn't bad either (y)

2 excellent shots #1 works with loads of crops ... even chopping the top off the tower.

#2 is just beautiful so colourful and the range of colours caught is fantastic

Can't really add much that hasn't already been said, but i really like both shots for the differing moods they create. great.

Two great images Neil, the B&W shot pushes all the right buttons for me. The simpleness and stark contrast work very well with excellent lead in lines and composition.(y)

George.

Don't usually like these type of photos in B&W unless they are excellently done, like this one. Hits the spot for me! The colour one isn't bad either (y)

I really love the image but your B&W rendition of it is truly superb. That is one of the few which I would have up on a wall.

Two strong images there, liking the light in two and the range of tones in the sky

Nice work Neil

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to view and comment, much appreciated :)

Love them both, great pics!

I really cant fault these images, they are just awesome Neil (y)
Esp like the colour version (y)

both really nice, 1 takes it for me just for being a bit different to what I normally see of this location
Thanks Gary, I'm sure we will bump into each other one day!

both are great for different reasons - the relating lines really draw you in
Many Thanks for the kind comment

Love them both, great pics!
Cheers Stu

I really cant fault these images, they are just awesome Neil (y)
Esp like the colour version (y)
Thank you Graham :)

Normally, I wouldn't consider converting an image with such great colours to B+W, but this just works. Well done for seeing the potential, a very successful image.

www.wildgallery.co.uk
Thanks Lee

Back