All Aboard (fixed now)

Edit My Images
Yes
one picture from the other day, this is Grindleford station
chat1.jpg

Nice shot, really well composed - looks very effective with the signal dominating the foreground, while the track curls into the background with the train.

I like it (y)

erm...see no piccy?

Typical British Rail.. Never see a train when you want one..:bang:

No photo for me either:(

sorry about the photo, NThell was playing up, and i couldn't get back to the link.. anyway fixed now.

dashed shame about NTL!

welcome back, lol

Looks to me like the signal is waiting to bat that tiny train off the track :)

Tis a really serene shot Stev ... like the composition and overall effect ... (y) ...

The lighting you were not in total control over ... shame it was middle of the day-ish as it is the only small criticism ... imo ... :p

TFS though ... eventually ...;)

Worth waiting for. Good shot considering the harsh contrast you would have had to contend with (y)

Another cracker my friend, would make a nice postcard for them ;)

Forbiddenbiker said:
Very nice composition steve, I like it much yes. (y)

Where where you , up a tree or something?
:)

thank you all, it was a seriously hot day, with full sun, it was all i could do to take a photo, couldn't really be bothered. I was actually walking over the bridge there, when the train pulled in, so just clicked one off.

Bit of useless info.....the train unit is affectionately known as a nodding donkey.

No pictures from Padley then Steve?

P-E said:
Bit of useless info.....the train unit is affectionately known as a nodding donkey.

No pictures from Padley then Steve?

hi PE
not sure what you mean about nodding donkey:thinking:
unfortunately i found my limitations at Padley, most of the water falls were across the other side of the water, and as i suffer with acute arthritus and a chipped cartlidge in both knees my legs wouldn't let me climb across the rocks, and neither would Annie.
i wont be going back there, it upsets me too much, not nice when you realise you cant do the things you used to.
i have one picture from there, look a bit Arty for me though, so wont be posting it.

Sorry to hear that Steve.......I have fell a few times myself climbing to try and get in a good position there.

Most trains have a nickname chosen by trainspotters (I'm not one:cautious: ) and that one in the picture is known as a nodding donkey.:)

Back