All good things come to an end ...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
After a slightly longer than anticipated fourteen month sabbatical from work I am starting again on Tuesday :(. I have really enjoyed having the time with the family but am now itching to get back into the swing of things :).

I spent 22 years working for the same company, admittedly in lots of different roles, so I have decided to start contracting for a while to get a bit of variety and my 1st contract is in Great Bircham (nr Kings Lynn) for six months.
It will be a bit of a culture shock, especially spending three nights a week away from home, but it looks like a great place to bring the kids for most of the school holidays. It also looks to be pretty good area for photographic opportunities especially with all the nature reserves around that coast. If anybody knows of 'must visit' places in the area, wildlife or other, then please let know.

I can thoroughly recommend a mid-career break to recharge the batteries if are fortunate enough to get the opportunity but beware it will pass much faster than you expect.

Mark

Good luck, Mark!

yes good luck!

Good Luck (y)

Good luck Mark & btw I've just extended my Sabatical from 12 months to 16 months..... mine is more to support the family through a hard time though. But agree a break is defintely worth it. With pensions becoming a joke these days, people need to re evaluate what retiring means.....wait till potentially 70+ or change your lifestyle now.

Best of luck.

Nice one Mark (y) I agree with you and DJW - I had the opportunity to change careers in 2000 and had eight months in between. Definitely the way to do it...if you can.

regards

Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy your contracting...loook forward to seeing the pics too :)
I'd love to have all that time off work, but the most I can mange between jobs is a month :(

Sorry to hear you got a job mate...just when you were getting on your feet :LOL:

I had an 8 month break when I moved up to Scotland, enjoyed every minute of it but boy did it fly!

It's good to wear the pants again though.

Congrats on your contract :clap: :clap: hope it works out for you. While you're up that way I know it'll be a fair trek but investigate Orford Ness it's an old MOD site now in the hands of the National Trust as a very large nature reserve, I'm hoping to go there this year when I go up for the family get together.

Good luck mate. I'm sure it will be fine.

Either that or you will be on sabbatical again soon. I'm still planning next years mission and this years scotland break!

Many thanks for the good wishes everyone :)

daveyuk said:
While you're up that way I know it'll be a fair trek but investigate Orford Ness it's an old MOD site now in the hands of the National Trust as a very large nature reserve
Thanks, i'll add that to the list (y)

goog luck mate, i know what its like to change your job late in life, i've just done it, and maybe about to do it again, but i wish you every success in your chosen career, and long may you enjoy it..

Back