Bargain All Nik products free!

Edit My Images
No
https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

"Today we’re making the Nik Collection available to everyone, for free.

Photo enthusiasts all over the world use the Nik Collection to get the best out of their images every day. As we continue to focus our long-term investments in building incredible photo editing tools for mobile, including Google Photos and Snapseed, we’ve decided to make the Nik Collection desktop suite available for free, so that now anyone can use it.

The Nik Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities -- from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images.

Starting March 24, 2016, the latest Nik Collection will be freely available to download: Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro and Dfine. If you purchased the Nik Collection in 2016, you will receive a full refund, which we’ll automatically issue back to you in the coming days.

We’re excited to bring the powerful photo editing tools once only used by professionals to even more people now."

www.google.com/nikcollection

Wow, wasn't that really quite expensive?
Yes was hundreds originally then when google took over became £100 ? and twice recently nearly purchased it (see they are refunding any 2016 purchases which is really impressive of them too!)

There's no such thing as a free lunch. The cynic in me wonders why they are doing this.
Google paid handsomely to buy the Nik company. Why give the stuff away?
And yes I have the set but bought a long time ago.
Are Google just being public spirited? Will they continue to up date the product?

There's no such thing as a free lunch. The cynic in me wonders why they are doing this.
Are Google just being public spirited? Will they continue to up date the product?
It might also be somehow to help with tax / write off some money ?

Maybe the expertise has been subsumed into Google Photos? Pretty sure it won't be just for good will but Google seem to be a bit longer term than some campanies so maybe a strategic move rather than tactical.

Bargain ... a great bit of software!!!

Always wanted to play with the B&W program, and now I can! (y)

Could it be that sales are disappointing? As above^^^ they could be heading towards closing it down. They are not known for being public spirited!

I think many saw this happening when Google acquired Nik a few years ago and slashed the purchase price. Google have got what they needed, such as the control point technology. I guess this is the end of Nik and we'll see no further development?

Yep Nik is done no more updates they are concentrating on mobile apps instead.

i loved the trial and just downloaded it.....god bless 67 meg broadband!

YES - Thankyou :)
My old version of Silver Efex Pro wouldn't work on Photoshop CC - Downloaded and installing now
Thanks again.

Great deal but ouch i paid circa £100 for the collection but it was a couple of years ago. It was a good price even then so for free it's an amazing collection.

Is it any good?

It's excellent.

Here's the link to the official tutorials on Youtube.

When Google aquired Nik, many of the Nik employees left to create MacPhun software. Also very good. Tonality is a fabulous piece of B&W conversion software as is Silver Efex Pro.

Will download shortly - been wondering about Nik for some time, though I've not *needed* it as an On1 user.

Just downloaded this, will give it a goe from Lightroom.

Many thanks Rob

Tried it for free a while back mainly for B&W. Couldn't quite persuade me it was worth £100.

For free it was a no brainer:):)

Thank you :)

Thanks for the heads up. I started the download before going off shopping this evening (my breadboard is slow!) and now have it installed on LR. It will be interesting to try this, does anyone know of any good online tutorials?

Bloody annoyed I paid £100 for this at the end of November

Yes was hundreds originally then when google took over became £100 ? and twice recently nearly purchased it (see they are refunding any 2016 purchases which is really impressive of them too!)

You might get a refund according to AdamSi. Check the website.

I bought it a couple of years ago for the B&W conversion but hardly use any of the rest of it.

You might get a refund according to AdamSi. Check the website.

I bought it a couple of years ago for the B&W conversion but hardly use any of the rest of it.
Sounded like only people buying in 2016 so guessing they mean 1st Jan 2016 to yesterday but would be worth contacting them if only paid for in November to see if they would consider refund

Back