All please read

S

Steve

The Admin and Moderators would like to welcome you all to your new home.

All the staff and some of the members have put in a lot of work and effort behind the scenes to enable this upgrade. Please join with me in offering them words of thanks and gratitude for giving their time for free in this task. They have made the forum upgrade much more bearable and reduced it from a chore to a pleasure.

I would also like to personally thank Rob from Catalyst2 for helping us out with a last minute glitch. Without him the forum upgrade would have been heavily delayed.

The new forums have been extensively tested by a select team before this final upgrade, however certain people may still find issues. If you find any issues or believe there to be a problem somewhere, the Admin will endeavour to assist in rectifying them but before contacting us please check your options and preferences from within your control panel. This area controls a lot of your browsing and posting options and is also much more customisable than on the old forums. As there are many more options they have been set to forum defaults which may or may not be to your liking

We would also recommend that you sort out any private messages that may have been left over from the old forums and you will need to update signatures and avatars if you use them.

All that’s left is for us to say “enjoy the forums”.

Cheers
Steve.

:thankyous

Wow ! working already ! :D

I can breathe again ! LOL

(little glitch when posting a message the title and message windows are offset ? ie they dont stay in the centre and run off the edge of the screen in firefox, will test in ie as well)

UPDATE, seems ok in IE ! Netscape browser has the same issue as Firefox !

Its fine on my version of FF but I am using a widescreen lappy at the moment. It may have something to do with the number of smilies we currently have set to view.

Try clearing out your cache please Ian and if that doesn't solve your issue I will alter the smilies as a test.

BTW what screen res are you running?

I have now altered the number of smilies visible by default. I think that should correct the issue.

Let me know how it is now :)

No problem, thanks for letting me know. :thankyous

there will be a few minor changes as we go along, so dont be alarmed if all of a sudden it seems to break...

All i can say is wow, infact, WOW! very professional look, smart, clean and very quick. Well done guys.

very nice, I go away for a week and come back to a nice fresh forum, well done guys :)

Dave said:
Nice one guys. What was up with the old one?

Thanks.

The other forums where run on phpbb but to get the features and look that we required we have to extensively modify the code using some hacks, mods and hand code changes. Each time they updated the software (for security) it left us with loads of work to reverse the code changes before applying the patches and then re-applying all the manual hacks, mods and code. It got to the point of being too much trouble.

On top of that we had started getting some database errors that we couldn't quite tie down, it could have possibly been related to some of the code changes that had been done by us or through the mods. That had resulted in some forum downtime and both the hosts and us chasing around trying to rectify the issues.

We decided that one big upset and some planned forum downtime by changing to a proffessional software package that had our required features as standard was better than battling with the old system.

Pull up a groove forum posters and let’s get fabulous - it all looks rather good

/doffs hat to tech. minded ppl :eek:)

hopefully this will be more stable and faster, looks better but as i say, a few tweaks as we go to get it as we want!

Very nice, cheers for all the hard work all. :thankyous

Lots of really abstract smilies to work into posts now too. (but no cool)

dazzajl said:
Very nice, cheers for all the hard work all. :thankyous

Lots of really abstract smilies to work into posts now too. (but no cool)

:icon_cool <<<<that one??

ummm yeah.

am I being totally blind or do you just know what the typed charaters are for him?

Its under the "more" smilies section to the right (in the pop up section) ;)

well at least I get to use this one for real. :doh:

cheers

the forum looks great and seems easier to navigate, nice job well done

Back