All Stitched Up!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
The magnet that attracted the bluebottle also had a greenbottle, and I got nice and personal with this one.

Look at that forehead! Looks like it has been through major brain surgery!

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:07:19 14:43:38
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.077 s (1/13)
Aperture: f/10.0
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: -1.00
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Paul.

I wonder who laces his head up every morning?
Amazing detail in the shot, well done its most impressive
Trev

Fantastic detail - consider me incredibly impressed! :clap:

Excellent detail! an awesome shot :clap:

really nice shot - great detail - so how far was the front of the lens away from the subject?

Excellent detail (y)

really nice shot - great detail - so how far was the front of the lens away from the subject?

Thanks Lynton. :)

The lens was maybe 3 inches from the fly, though it does extend the barrel - meaning the actual glass element was maybe 5 inches away.

Paul.

Brilliant close up matey! (y)

OMG this is like something out of science fiction. Fantastic detail Paul. Job well done.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

thanks, so just what kind of lens do you (I) need to focus to 3 inches or so?

thanks, so just what kind of lens do you (I) need to focus to 3 inches or so?

You need a dedicated macro lens such like one these reviewed at DPreview Lynton, or a Tamron or Sigma equivalent.

Paul.

Hi Paul

That is a seriously impressive shot √√√√√

Or for a (lesser quality) cheaper alternative, try the raynox MSN-250 :)

The Raynox can work well, but you can actually use extension tubes on most lenses and the tubes can be very good value.

Paul.

The Raynox can work well, but you can actually use extension tubes on most lenses and the tubes can be very good value.

Paul.

Ah, yes i see your point Paul. I was just trying to show newbies to macro (whom i truly believe are inspired by shots such as yours) that it does'nt need to cost the earth. I must say it's one Hell of a capture mate (y)(y)

Ah, yes i see your point Paul. I was just trying to show newbies to macro (whom i truly believe are inspired by shots such as yours) that it does'nt need to cost the earth. I must say it's one Hell of a capture mate (y)(y)

I know buddy, thanks.

I didn't realise for ages that extensiun tubes were worth using on any lens, but you can even stick 'em on a 500mm lens apparantly!

Paul.

Back