all wiped out!...

Name
jackie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi...i have a canon 400d...i am a complete learner and was browsing the camera...and going through the menu etc...i clicked on to Format....and said OK...BAD MOVE...error in CF came up... and since then nothing!....is all lost or can i retrieve something (pleased there was nothing very important on there)!....i cannot use the CF at all now...so should i put it down to experience or lack of...and move on? suggestions would be very welcome.....thanks...jackie:help:

Do you mean your card is now unusable?

If you dont have any shots on there that you want to keep.
Put it into a PC Card reader and format it :)
Then put it back into your camera and format it again.

Yes it is unusable.....there was a few photos that i would like to keep but.....not really important....i have a card reader (how do i format it with the card reader)?....i know how to format it on the camera UNFORTUNATELY-!
Thanks for your time...and knowledge....J

Put it in the card reader, go to "My Computer" and you will see it there listed as a removable drive.

Just right click and select "Format"

If an error came up on a card I was formatting in the camera that would immediately bring the alarm bells ringing in my head, As format is supposed to format your card so you can write to it., if an error occurred maybe the card is US, are you seriously going to trust that card with your images in future ?. if you do, your asking for it to **** up again, send it back from where it came and get it replaced. And try another card in your camera as it could be the camera causing the error.

don't trust a memory card which could be potentially faulty with any of your images, the card can easily be replaced.

you have frightened me now....i think i will dump card ....i have another one...it is not worth bothering about...hopefully it can't .... camera?.j

Back