- Messages
- 228
- Edit My Images
- Yes
I got into digital photography in the early 00s when I was just graduating school. I enjoyed it for a good decade, and...as the tale as old of time goes, life got in the way. Twenty years later, I have a family, a job, and all the normal pressures of life taking away from our old hobbyist pursuits.
I got back into DSLRs/mirrorless cameras and I enjoy dabbling, but the truth is that I just don't have any time to process pictures. I'm trying to understand how I can somehow deal with this. The easiest workflows are the ones straight from my phone to a Google Album. I don't have much time to load in an SD card, process images, sort them, rate them, and heck...RAW editing? Forget about it. I can barely remember how to edit raw pictures. Half my software doesn't work anymore since Adobe went subscription.
I tell myself that: "At least the RAW file will be there in case you ever need to rescue some amazing picture", but let's be honest: I haven't really had the need to touch raw files for a decade. At the same time, the problems pile up, chief amongst those is storage. I have enough trouble deciding between 10 nearly identical shots of the same thing---but now I have to grapple with two image formats.
I don't really have a question in all this, but I just want to get some tips from all of you on how you've had to adapt to changing priorities and interests.
I guess for me, I want to be able to quickly process a year's worth of pictures, rate the ones I like, and shove them into a Google Album or physical album.
I wish my camera (an M50 Mk2) had better in-camera sorting and editing. I'd love to be able to delete stuff without fear of an accident, quickly select the images I like, and off it goes.
I got back into DSLRs/mirrorless cameras and I enjoy dabbling, but the truth is that I just don't have any time to process pictures. I'm trying to understand how I can somehow deal with this. The easiest workflows are the ones straight from my phone to a Google Album. I don't have much time to load in an SD card, process images, sort them, rate them, and heck...RAW editing? Forget about it. I can barely remember how to edit raw pictures. Half my software doesn't work anymore since Adobe went subscription.
I tell myself that: "At least the RAW file will be there in case you ever need to rescue some amazing picture", but let's be honest: I haven't really had the need to touch raw files for a decade. At the same time, the problems pile up, chief amongst those is storage. I have enough trouble deciding between 10 nearly identical shots of the same thing---but now I have to grapple with two image formats.
I don't really have a question in all this, but I just want to get some tips from all of you on how you've had to adapt to changing priorities and interests.
- Did any of you abandon raw images and felt better for it?
- Do you have any tips on how to try and get through processing images more quickly?
I guess for me, I want to be able to quickly process a year's worth of pictures, rate the ones I like, and shove them into a Google Album or physical album.
I wish my camera (an M50 Mk2) had better in-camera sorting and editing. I'd love to be able to delete stuff without fear of an accident, quickly select the images I like, and off it goes.
Last edited: