Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Lovely shot.. its abstract whilst being identifiable and the lighting enhances the detail.

Nice back lighting for patterns Allan, it works well.

Pattern
Really like the pp and vignette on this. Lots of patterns in there.

Nice Ringy :)

Lovely portrait Allan.

Nice Photo, lots of detail and colour, oof background is enough to place the animal.

Pete

Another really nice composition Allan. The books add a really thoughtful touch.

As Ian said, the books are a nice touch too. No pun intended but the image tells a story.

Nicely thought out Allan.
As already noted, the books set it all off nicely (y)

Awwww lovely Teddy :)

Up close
Great portrait of the Lemur, nice separation from the background.

Personal
Lovely little composition, I like the books and the background, I think it maybe a little dark (well not dark, but just a little too much shadow).

Last edited:
Yup, I'm in agreement that the books are a great touch that finishes it off.
The background works well with it too, almost giving it a sepia appearance (well, not really, but it does have that sort of hue making it seem older than it is).

Up close
Great portrait of the Lemur, nice separation from the background.

Personal
Lovely little composition, I like the books and the background, I think it maybe a little dark (well not dark, but just a little too much shadow).
I get what you mean regarding to much shadow I did struggle with the pp and did lift the shadows but then went back on it, I didn’t think it looked natural or as I was seeing it if you know what I mean but then again I’m not the best at judging my own work.
I will have another look at it when I get the chance.

Yup, I'm in agreement that the books are a great touch that finishes it off.
The background works well with it too, almost giving it a sepia appearance (well, not really, but it does have that sort of hue making it seem older than it is).
Thanks Tim

Another lovely composition and softly lit which makes him look so cuddly.

Up close
Nice framing of the lemur with the bending tree, it has a look of surprise on its face which adds interest

Personal
It's great seeing items that have survived through the decades relatively unscathed, not sure how many of today's toys will be passed on.

Another lovely composition and softly lit which makes him look so cuddly.

Thank you
Up close
Nice framing of the lemur with the bending tree, it has a look of surprise on its face which adds interest

Personal
It's great seeing items that have survived through the decades relatively unscathed, not sure how many of today's toys will be passed on.

Thank you

Back