Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Really love the Holly shot. Very much made me smile and beautifully sharp. I like how the trees are trying to break through the urban setting in your first choice though. It works well. Holly for me though :)

Don't get ahead of yourself, Cobra is devious and I think the lower picture will be good for the possible next theme when he gives us 'Looking Up'. :D

He/she looks like a sweet dog.
Thanks it’s a she, 11 years old a couple of years ago she went blind with a condition called SARDS but she’s coping really well

Really love the Holly shot. Very much made me smile and beautifully sharp. I like how the trees are trying to break through the urban setting in your first choice though. It works well. Holly for me though :)
I thought she might be the popular choice but not my first choice as you could argue the case that she’s looking up but I was looking down so used it anyway
thanks for looking in Ian.

The street scene makes good social commentary with the bins and satellite dishes... however, the dog is SO cute!

Looking down
Of the two, the dog photo is the winner. I love the pp and the expression.

Lovely poppy pic!

Great detail. The black background really works for this (y)

Really nice Allan. Well lit against the dark background.

Indigenous
The red of the petals stands out really well against the black. Nice light too.

As always Allan, an excellent shot. Red works really well against strong black backgrounds doesn't it, and of course green compliments the red.
Red and black do tend to work well together, thanks for looking in.

I love it. I have a real affinity for "Half" shots like this.

How instinctive was the crop on the LH side? I think I'd have been sorely tempted to see what it looked like rotated clockwise so that the top and bottom leaf were symmetrical; then crop to their tips.

I love it. I have a real affinity for "Half" shots like this.

How instinctive was the crop on the LH side? I think I'd have been sorely tempted to see what it looked like rotated clockwise so that the top and bottom leaf were symmetrical; then crop to their tips.
Thanks Ian, I tried a few rotations but there were some bad marks on a couple of the leaves which I didn't want in the picture.
I wanted the leaf on the right to be central but couldn't turn it due to the damage,
I take your point and will have another look at the raws.

I wanted the leaf on the right to be central but couldn't turn it due to the damage,
I did wonder if this was a factor. Oh for a perfectly symmetrical plant eh? :)

Great composition and nice dof which retains some texture in the background.

Plant
I like the composition. The greens look natural and compliment the beige of the background.

That certainly fits the bill on all sorts of levels, nice subtle use of HDR as well. Nice work :)

Back