Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Good stacking with nice detail but over all for me it looks a little bit flat.

Liking Age Allan plenty of detail in there.

Thanks

Good stacking with nice detail but over all for me it looks a little bit flat.

I see your point it is lacking , it was a second choice really I used the end of a film on Friday at work,had about 15 frames left developed it Saturday
but something went wrong in the developing process there was a black kind of fogging down on side of the roll never had it before, so had to think of something else
I had sort of lost heart at that point

Good to hear about the lengths you went to, a good results but yeah perhaps a slight shame you didn't get quite what you wanted.

Even if it wasn't quite what you were planning, it works really well for me.
The background adds to the feel of this being an aged specimen in a botanical book of some kind.
Thanks, it’s a different pic to the one I put in originally, well I added a Textured BG. I changed it Monday might so I think you are the first person to have seen it

Ah right. This week has been pants for getting onto the forum, or indeed for taking photos.
Enthusiasm severely dented by redundancy announcements at work (significant numbers, but we won't know who for another 2 months...)
Anyway, I like the version I've seen :)

Ah right. This week has been pants for getting onto the forum, or indeed for taking photos.
Enthusiasm severely dented by redundancy announcements at work (significant numbers, but we won't know who for another 2 months...)
Anyway, I like the version I've seen :)
Sorry to hear that having been made redundant twice its not the best situation, hope things work out for you

Thanks, it’s a different pic to the one I put in originally, well I added a Textured BG. I changed it Monday might so I think you are the first person to have seen it
You wouldn't catch me doing this. If I posted an edit, it would be placed alongside the original for easy comparison, with the time and date clearly stated so as not to render redundant previously posted comments on the original and throw the entire thread into disarray. :D

You wouldn't catch me doing this. If I posted an edit, it would be placed alongside the original for easy comparison, with the time and date clearly stated so as not to render redundant previously posted comments on the original and throw the entire thread into disarray. :D

I claim the first amendment of the 52 “There are no rules” :p

:ty:

Over is a great take on the theme.
I like Age too, nicely processed, makes it look like it's been pressed in a book.

Age is a great photo, great processing it looks like a painting (y)

Sharp is a good idea, and nicely sharp, but I think a cleaner background would have worked even better.

Age is a great photo, great processing it looks like a painting (y)

Sharp is a good idea, and nicely sharp, but I think a cleaner background would have worked even better.
thanks, I did try a few different BGs but I thought this one was the best

Love the BG, distressed marble, granite or something. The bowl with three hearts showing. The compo with three strategically placed outside the bowl.

Are they roasted, skinned lemons?

Love the BG, distressed marble, granite or something. The bowl with three hearts showing. The compo with three strategically placed outside the bowl.

Are they roasted, skinned lemons?
Yes David they are a northern delicacy roasted skimmed lemons, we love them up here (y)

Nice composition, I haven't had a roasted skinned lemon for a while, seeing that makes me want one, or a bag :)

Very nice image for sharp nicely composed and lit. Lemon sherbets are definitely sharp!

Age - I like it the background really suits it and works well for the them
Sharp - Edible props great choice, the Yellow really pops

Age(ing) - I love your take on the theme certainly fits the theme, good pp work and nice BG with nice colour tones and textures.
Sharp - a nice bright image, and I also like the fact you have placed a few sweets outside the bowl, but for my tests I would prefer a different BG to make this image stronger.

I thought Stark was your best image, then I saw Over and that's brilliant, then I saw Age and loved the delicate lighting and composition.
Sharp is very well executed and spot on theme.
Not enough people for me in People!;) I liked the Vikings!
Age is my fav though, just great photography.

Age(ing) - I love your take on the theme certainly fits the theme, good pp work and nice BG with nice colour tones and textures.
Sharp - a nice bright image, and I also like the fact you have placed a few sweets outside the bowl, but for my tests I would prefer a different BG to make this image stronger.

Thanks Mandy

I thought Stark was your best image, then I saw Over and that's brilliant, then I saw Age and loved the delicate lighting and composition.
Sharp is very well executed and spot on theme.
Not enough people for me in People!;) I liked the Vikings!
Age is my fav though, just great photography.

Thanks for the kind comments

Back