Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

I much prefer #1, the selfie in front of the secret seven poster, where you can kind of see his face on the screen of his phone.

I much prefer #1, the selfie in front of the secret seven poster, where you can kind of see his face on the screen of his phone.
Thanks, you can see his face quite clearly if you look at the large version

I thought the secret seven poster was included to cover yourself should someone come along and say that's person not people. #1 for me.

Last edited:
I thought the secret seven poster was included to cover yourself should someone come along and say that's person not people. #1 for me.
Gate/door people/person :mooning: he’s a man of the people, you are lucky to get anything this week :runaway:

Dislike/disapprove .... of people pics. I know Allan, we're lucky to get anything this week. :kiss:

Last edited:
Like @d00d and @Dave70D, I knew you'd not like this theme Allan.
So fair play in not only getting there, but getting it done early.
'tis a shame you admitted the selfie was accidental, it's a clever way of getting his face whilst taking the shot from behind.
As for the medieval shot. Well... Chester... ;)

Like @d00d and @Dave70D, I knew you'd not like this theme Allan.
So fair play in not only getting there, but getting it done early.
'tis a shame you admitted the selfie was accidental, it's a clever way of getting his face whilst taking the shot from behind.
As for the medieval shot. Well... Chester... ;)

As I didn’t know the person it would have been a bit odd if I had asked him to do it, as I said just lucky

Medieval I am not sure they are, I would have asked them if I didn’t think they were insane, dressing up, wether it be battle re-enactments or the like, I am sure the railway has it share, it’s a bit odd, we do have a lot of Romans wandering round Chester they are very serious about it :confused:

Catching up

- Week 0 - The lines and sleepers make a great pattern - works well in monochrome.
- Week 1 - Gate and brickwork full of character - not a tall gate (about 1.5m - si I'd have to duck or grouse).
Week 2 - The selfie shot for me - my first thought for the 2 chaps was 'Why is he peeing on his shield?'

Last edited:
I think #2 would have been my choice if we could see their faces, but I'm not comfortable taking photos of strangers either so I can understand why you didn't get them. On that basis, I like #1 because of the single dark figure and the colourful 'Secret Seven' poster behind him, which I thought was intentional and made it 'people' beyond any doubt. It's a nice contrast between the two, and the fact that he's taking a selfie is a nice bonus :)

Catching up

- Week 0 - The lines and sleepers make a great pattern - works well in monochrome.
- Week 1 - Gate and brickwork full of character - not a tall gate (about 1.5m - si I'd have to duck or grouse).
Week 2 - The selfie shot for me - my first thought for the 2 chaps was 'Why is he peeing on his shield?'
Thanks

I think #2 would have been my choice if we could see their faces, but I'm not comfortable taking photos of strangers either so I can understand why you didn't get them. On that basis, I like #1 because of the single dark figure and the colourful 'Secret Seven' poster behind him, which I thought was intentional and made it 'people' beyond any doubt. It's a nice contrast between the two, and the fact that he's taking a selfie is a nice bonus :)
Thank you

First I think because the people is more distinct from the background. Well done for getting out and doing it. (n)

I wonder what the poster on the other side was???????????????

Nice capture, well timed.

Pete

Well the couple dressed up certainly look interesting .... the mind boggles!

But it’s Secret Seven and the Selfie for me :) it brought back wonderful memories of curling up in bed with my Secret Seven book when I was a kid so it won me over the minute I saw it. Well spotted Allan, I think it works really well for the theme.

Well the couple dressed up certainly look interesting .... the mind boggles!

But it’s Secret Seven and the Selfie for me :) it brought back wonderful memories of curling up in bed with my Secret Seven book when I was a kid so it won me over the minute I saw it. Well spotted Allan, I think it works really well for the theme.
Thanks Susie

It it the Secret 7 and the Selfie for me too I like that the phone screen is really clear.

Do you actually get some sunshine or did you light it? Either way it's well done and spot on for the theme

(also great minds think alike :))

That's a beaut ... well done with the lighting and the general idea.

.... framing & all.

:clap:

Do you actually get some sunshine or did you light it? Either way it's well done and spot on for the theme

(also great minds think alike :))

It is sunshine, I have been working in a Georgian house the last week or so doing a bit of decorating on the odd day when there was sun I had noticed the light basically the image of the windows projected on the walls, so Friday took the camera to work luckily the sun was out

That's a beaut ... well done with the lighting and the general idea.

.... framing & all.

:clap:

Thanks David

Cool use of the light there.
It's great when all the planets line up and you are able to get something like this, but it also takes your eye to see it.
(y)
Thanks Tim, it was lucky the sun broke through on Friday it hasn’t happened since

Great photo, absolutely nothing to criticise :)

Back