Allow me to Introduce Myself...

A

AnnaBanana

Hi everyone!

I am a new member here, my name is Anna, and I am a newcomer to the wonderful world of photography. This time last year, I had only ever taken the odd snapshot on holidays or at family gatherings, but my husband suggested I buy a digital camera in the after-Christmas sales.

I bought a Fuji S3500, and was bitten by the photography bug! I fell in love with this wonderful hobby, and started to spend all the time I could learning about how to improve my skills.

In April 2005 I bought a Fuji S7000 as I wanted more control over things like aperture and shutter speed, and became even more passionate about photography.

In the past two weeks, I have become the proud (and lucky!) owner of a Nikon D50, and I love using a DSLR - the creative control it gives is fantastic, although I won't part with my Fuji S7000 for the world!

I am really pleased to have been accepted as a member here -- there are so many excellent photos and the forums are full of helpful and friendly posts that I can't wait to become involved! I'm so looking forward to getting to know you and learning about photography from you!

Anna :banana:

Hello Anna. :wave2: You couldn't have got into photography at a more exciting time, we're all like kids in a sweet shop here. Enjoy the board. :)

Yay! Another Fuji user!

I'm not lonely any more :D :D :D

Welcome Anna

Nice introduction and from looking at the pictures in your gallery you have some good shots already. :thumb:

I hope you enjoy the site and the forums. :)

Wow... thanks all of you for making me feel so welcome so quickly!

I'm going to like it here! :D

You have not seen anything yet, sit back and watch the crowds rush in ;)

welcome Anna,

MyPix

Welcome along Anna, it is a very friendly place :) Lets see some of your pics :)

Welcome aboard Anna :clap:

welcome Anna!

Welcome aboard Anna.
Had a look at your gallery...you obviously have a passion for this hobby!

Thanks! :)

Just one question.... how do I post some photos?

u need to PM Matty just up there above us to set up a gallery account for you,
you can pop em in there
do this by clicking on ' MATTY ' and chose the private message dropdown

MyPix

or alternatively if you have the file hosted elsewhere (imageshack etc) just use the tags with the file URL

eg [img]linktopicture

avabanana Annabanana :dance:

Hiya! I didn't buy the Nikon, I won it :D LOL

I still use my Fuji, and love it. Great camera! :)

:dance:

Hi and a welcome from me too, i too have the fuji s7000, fantastic camera and it did me proud, so i keep it as a backup.

same here Anna, I have kept my S7000, a special camera but to be honest, since getting my D70 about a year ago,I have only used it once! Welcome to the photography forum :)

Hi there. Must admit I see a lot of people ranting about the S7000 & the pictures I have seen from them are very impressive.

i wish i hadnt sold mine on, but in the 12 months i had it , i only lost £120 from the purchase price of over £500
this was about a week before sub £1000 DSLR's hit the market ,
so it had to go when i got the Nikon D70
i found the more you got into the controls of the camera the better the results were, and it was easy to use one handed

MyPix

how did you win it anne?

I had a photograph published in a digital photography magazine - it won me the Nikon D50 kit :) Have had the camera about 3 weeks now, and still getting to grips with it; it's my first DSLR.

Looking forward to learning how to use it properly from all you on here :)

81106928_183fcfe609.jpg

Thanks Ian!

It sure was... told you I love my S7000 :D

:banana:

Congratulations on the win + the prize:)

Great pic BTW (obviously otherwise it woudlnt have won;))

which mag, digital camera?

Well deserved win there! :thumb:

cool well done!

i one a canon G6 in digital Photo mag! great feeling innit!

Welcome to the forums. :)
Glad you said you won a Nikon. Can't imagine anyone deliberately buying one. :p
/runs and hides :D

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!

Just checked out your site Anna - some nice stuff there.
Welcome to the World of Mad.

Back