Allsorts........

Name
colin
Edit My Images
Yes
im really getting into this bird photography! and im starting to appreciate just how many factors go into making a good shot. i think all of these have areas that can be improved but here is this weekends bunch..the blackbird is my favourite, it was a shame his beak caught the sun though...any views and ideas always welcome.

minoc2.jpg

minrob.jpg

minbb3.jpg

mintd.jpg

minwt.jpg

mindun.jpg

The Oystercatcher is a beaut, as are the Whitethroat & Dunnock. If I were picky I would like the background to the Robin a little more OOF and the water colour of the Tufty looks a bit wierd but a good set nonetheless. I would be happy if they were mine.

thanks for the nice comments. I have spent the last week taking nothing but bird shots and i was already getting a bit bored of my photo's of birds sat on posts so i was just trying to get some different type of shots.

i agree the robin shot looks a bit cluttered, i will have to thing of something else for him.

the tufted duck was taken at sunset and the trees on the far edge of the bank were brilliantly lit by the sun whilst the duck was in the shade. the greeny/yellow effect was the reflection of the trees on the far bank.

a quick thing i found during the weekend is that 'vr' is really useful when you are taking pics of flying birds. the oystercatcher was shot on a 500mm non vr lens and it took me twice as long to get a sharp picture on this lens as on my 70-300 vr. maybe it is because you get more camera shake with a longer lens but even at 1/1000 s it is still tough.

Back