Alternative cameras?

Ben

Edit My Images
No
I've just ordered a Holga and a Lomo Fisheye camera from eBay! Can't wait to have a go with them when they arrive!

So has any one else had any unusual cameras?

I was thinking about getting a Holga after reading this months PM, they sure do look like fun.

Marcel said:
I was thinking about getting a Holga after reading this months PM, they sure do look like fun.
same here, but i was worried about getting 6x6 film in india :p

6x6 film, 12 shots per roll, you'd need to pay a lot of attention to what you are photographing. That said I like the idea that the Holga has an 'Optical Lens' :)

whitewash said:
simply dont understand lomography or whatever it is, looksn like a waste of time to me, pointless

Gandhi posted some great shots quite some time back - they were fab!

I did indeed, they were from my fisheye. cross processed e6 craziness they were too. Alas they got culled from my gallery. When I get back from work tomorrow I'll re-upload them and stick them in here.......

It's just another form of photography jamie, no less valid than the clear & crisp stuff you get out of your dSLR or anthing that get done post shoot in PS!

Just wait till you get petemc in here!

Lomography and its ilk free you from the formalities of "normal" photography, and can allow you to express yourself in ways you wouldn't otherwise explore...

I just need to get myself a suitably rubbish camera :cautious:

Well the Holga is on its way from Hong Kong, guess that'll be a week or two, but the Lomo in the UK - hopefully in a few days time I'll be snapping away some Ilford film with my suitably plastic toy-looking camera!!! I'll post some results if they're anywhere near interesting! :)

12 shots per roll, you'd need to pay a lot of attention to what you are photographing.

And there in lies the beauty of meduim format film. Of course if you go for a 645 camera you get a massive 16 shots per roll. ;)

Sheet by sheet, working through the ground glass is the ultimate way to get you really thinking about every tiny aspect of the shot though.

Pentax 6x7 - way to go...Great for studio portraits - many pro's even now use them in preference to digi - though that may be more to do with Luddite Advertising execs who don't trust digi to deliver the quality.

Pentax 6x7 - way to go

Never actually shot with one but it's very high on my list of cameras I need to own one day.

Lomo26.jpg

There you go, cross processed fuji e6 (can't remember what is was), taken with the fisheye.

More cameras and some nice shots here

Haha I do love how some people hate things with not only a passion, but a vengance like they must crush it before it spreads. I posted some Lomo shots on another forum, which I'll now post here. This is what I said to all those who enjoy hating lomographers.

I really think they've clearly got issues and forgotton what photography is. I've seen images exposed onto cloth and turned into a dress. Thats still photography. Hell it was amazing really. I've seen a van turned into a pin hole camera. Thats just amazing. I love what people do and this is why I love my Lomo. Its freedom from Canon L glass tack sharp nice bokeh tech heads. They can all bite my shiny metal 100-400.

Oh for the record I have a Lomo LC-A, a Canon EOS 50 film slr, a Topcon slr and a Kodak Duaflex. Photography isn't Canon.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9107

im tempted to get a cheapo film camera off Ebay, just to have a go and see if i can turn out anything worth looking at!

Back