Alternative landscape

Edit My Images
No
Any photo of a landscape is not the landscape. It is what the photographer thinks of the landscape. Where I live the landscape is monotonous, interrupted bu the odd pole or building. Yet it’s still a landscape. Someone might ask me what’s it like where I live. I might show them this photo and they might understand not so much of what the landscape is but how it is for me: boring interrupted.BD06C065-B62F-4799-9378-DA823847A9F1.jpeg

Interesting. Today thanks to programs similar to Photoshop a photographer can take a photo of something then fix it in photo shop from what he'd seen to what he wished he'd seen! Have a brother that was a photographer all his life and considered one of the Photoshop wizard's of Detroit Mich. he took a photo one time to show me what he could do in photoshop and it amazed me what he did. He added things to the picture that were never there in the first place! Not a clue how he did it! Want to know how good you really are? Use a point and shoot camera and no fixing in a photo program when it's done. I find that with my limited skills, even I can improve my photo's with the program I use. Not a clue how to add to them though.

Last edited:
You can take a photo of an ordinary place and make it beautiful.
I agree and for me that’s where the real skill lies. It’s all very well capturing a beautiful scene that nature provided for you on a platter but those pics are ten a penny!

Back