Alternative to Flickr???

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Having a new PC and a new phone- some passwords and e mails were lost one in particular was Flickr on an old Yahoo.co.uk log in
I no longer have access to that Yahoo e mail ( forgotten password) and that's what I used to log into Flickr

Having tried many times to try to log in - I gave up

I am now looking for an alternative hosting site any suggestions greatly received - I did think Smugmug as a paid alternative

Les :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my password for Flickr and sent a message to the Flickr Help line, in the end they sent me a link so I could login using my Gmail account.

Thank you Dave- I'll give that a go :) e mail sent to Flickr- lets wait and see lol

500px is an alternative. That said, if you have lost your Yahoo log-in presumably you have another email address so why not start a new flickr account with a different email?

500px is an alternative. That said, if you have lost your Yahoo log-in presumably you have another email address so why not start a new flickr account with a different email?

Thank you Chris- I have more than a few images on Flickr :) I guess I could do that- I'm thinking a paid host is the way to go for me

I'll have a look @ 500px
Yet to receive a reply to my flickr e mail help request
Les

What aspect of a photo sharing site are you after? Do you just want something that can act as a portfolio or are the social aspects important?

500px had a major security breach last year I still get messages about it on an email I used there.
Having said that they likely tightened things up since.
Flickr is still as good as any, start a new account with Gmail address or something.

I know its pretty tiresome, but you can download your images save them, and upload to to new flickr account.

I use Flickr and Ipernity. All wildlife photographs are public and family ones either private or friends or family. This is because if one goes down then I don't lose any photos (which are on external hard drives, but you can almost never have too much redundancy.
If I didn't pay for them I could have an extra meal out or two a year but I would rather have security of my photos.

What aspect of a photo sharing site are you after? Do you just want something that can act as a portfolio or are the social aspects important?

I have Flickr account - despite me e mailing the admin team- still not resolved the access

Need? just for displaying images on site such as this - I may well do the new flickr account and re- upload the images I had on there - I am at present using Imgur- link as my signature.

Les :)

No I didn't Chris - not been here long :exit: on a serious note - I really did not know that

You aren't alone Les, yur'll be surprised how many ( long standing) members don't or didn't
IIRC there are no limits on how many images either.
But I'm pretty sure the forum rules apply, 1020px on the longest side.
If you've not found it, top title bar, click the arrow to the right of "Gallery" > Add media and you are off (y)

I have adobe lightroom subscription which has a portfolio option included if you use adobe

Need? just for displaying images on site such as this
I'd go with a new free Flickr account. No point or advantage in paying?

I'd say that the main character of Flickr is as a kind of photo-social site - that needn't preclude other uses, but its strength for the stated function is that it has a huge member base from which you can choose the fellow travellers whose paths resonate with yours.

Ipernity can't (at this time) really compete on that basis, but is a neat platform and the basic annual sub for a paid account is about half that of Flickr.

Neither are really geared to portfolio display or selling work.

I've managed to pull up an old yahoo account based on the same scenario as yourself. Can't remember directly how I did it, but I started off trying to get into my yahoo account and worked from their.

Since they changed it from the white instagram style to the fat version it is now. I couldn't use it anymore and instead use 500px or behance.

I'd go with a new free Flickr account. No point or advantage in paying?

I'd say that the main character of Flickr is as a kind of photo-social site - that needn't preclude other uses, but its strength for the stated function is that it has a huge member base from which you can choose the fellow travellers whose paths resonate with yours.

Ipernity can't (at this time) really compete on that basis, but is a neat platform and the basic annual sub for a paid account is about half that of Flickr.

Neither are really geared to portfolio display or selling work.

I have opened a new Flickr account- seemed to be the easiest route

Thank you Chris- I have more than a few images on Flickr :) I guess I could do that- I'm thinking a paid host is the way to go for me

I'll have a look @ 500px
Yet to receive a reply to my flickr e mail help request
Les
Is there a way to embed 500px images on internet forums using BB code? If I could embed images for posting in communities like this, I would probably sign up with them rather than Flickr.

Back