Alternative to Rodinal

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend an alternative to Rodinal?

I’ve just discovered that the new rodinal alternatives don’t quite have the shelf life of the original :(

I’m looking for a long shelf life powder that I can make up in small batches, think 1 or 2 rolls/sheets at a time.

I’d prefer something that’s easily obtainable in the uk but would happily buy from Europe if necessary.

Neofin blue? It comes in packs of small bottles, enough to make ~500ml of developer per bottle.
It's not a powder, but powders are not stable in the long term due to humidity in the air.

I can send you a bottle of neofin blue if you'd like to give it a try? I'm unlikely to use it any time soon

You could always mix up some Parodinol - I still have some of the first batch I made (Christmas Eve 2010) black as sin but still active. Headache pills, drain cleaner and wine bottle steriliser.

Neofin blue? It comes in packs of small bottles, enough to make ~500ml of developer per bottle.
It's not a powder, but powders are not stable in the long term due to humidity in the air.

I can send you a bottle of neofin blue if you'd like to give it a try? I'm unlikely to use it any time soon
That would be brilliant, thanks Rob.

Back