Alternative to XP2

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a nice mf 1.8 prime from a member here to use on my f80, went to the local camera shop and saw the price of xp2 (1 roll for 6.50!!!!!!!!) just wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives. I understand the quality may well be a bit less but im willing to listen to any suggestions :D

if you have to use C41 process film, then 7dayshops prices are pretty darned good - and the Fuji Neopan 400CN is a nice film also. I ran 3-4 rolls of XP2 and 400CN before getting the gear together to process my own "real" BnW film - all the bits and bobs came to about £40 and £30 of chem's iirc (apart from the scanner of course :LOL:) which I reckon gets process cost down quite substantially.

Let me see if I have any of the kodak left over. It might be quite old, so i would only use
it for a bit of fun. If I have some, I can send it to you for the cost of p+p only.

The kodak is more stable than xp2, but boy did I have some fun with XP2 !

As previously mentioned, 7dayshop.co.uk is about the cheapest place to get film, although it may take a few days to arrive.

Fuji Neopan 400CN is very similar to XP2. I believe it is made by Harman/Ilford for Fuji, but they both have slightly different characteristics. The Kodak BW400CN film is slightly less contrasty than the other two but is a very good film for more subtle tones IMO.

Back