Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken today in not the brightest of conditions ... I am using my 10 year old Nikon D300 with Sigma DG 150-500mm f/5.0-6.3 APO HSM. Was hoping for a bit sharper image but thinking that conditions were against me although I am happy with the blur on the wings which is what I intended. Been atempting to get used to back button focusing but found that the shutter wasn't operating when I was pressing it most of the time meaning I was missing shots?

Goldfinch in flight
by Hammerhead64 on Talk Photography

It sounds like your camera needs to be set to release priority over focus priority.

The shutter isn’t releasing as the camera is searching for af confirmation - change this setting and it’ll release when you tell it too! - you may miss some shots at first but once you’ve got into the grove you should be getting a few more shots

It sounds like your camera needs to be set to release priority over focus priority.

The shutter isn’t releasing as the camera is searching for af confirmation - change this setting and it’ll release when you tell it too! - you may miss some shots at first but once you’ve got into the grove you should be getting a few more shots

Thanks.... Just looked through my settings and it was set on focus priority. I've set it to the release setting and hopefully this will sort out the problem.

Back