AM I BEING OVER CAUTIOUS ?

What is the world coming to ? [emoji24]

This is nonsense and could of been resolved hours ago.

Just get the photographers email address from your sister and cut and paste this into the body of the email and hit 'send'

Hello (insert name),

Many thanks for sending my sister your recent unsolicited holiday JPEG files.

Before I cause them to be printed, I just wanted to check with you out of courtesy that I have your consent to do this and that there is no copyright infringement ?

Thank you very much for these files it is very much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Mr Over Cautious

Further to my last, I'm sure you won't receive any demands for *payment. How would anybody know you've had them printed anyway ?

*Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971*

Or, just print them.

No, my friend you are not being overcautious.

Please listen. I would strongly advise you that you should under NO circumstances print these.

If you do you leave yourself open to a variety of potential consequences including being sued with possible re-possession of your house, your children being taken into custody, maybe prison, and probably finding yourself on the sex offenders register.

Thank goodness you had the good sense to ask advice on here before you got yourself in a right old mess.

Keep very, very safe

Last edited:
No, my friend you are not being overcautious.

Please listen. I would strongly advise you that you should under NO circumstances print these.

If you do you leave yourself open to a variety of potential consequences including being sued with possible re-possession of your house, your children being taken into custody, maybe prison, and probably finding yourself on the sex offenders register.

Thank goodness you had the good sense to ask advice on here before you got yourself in a right old mess.

Keep very, very safe
If this isn't sarcasm I feel the world has collapsed into itself.

Sister In law can spend a little money get her own printer instead of thousands of pounds on very expensive holidays andexpensive meals out

Wow that's nice!

I wonder if the OP has told her this yet and is now paying for it!

If a family member asked my to print a few photos I would and have happily do/done it.

What is the world coming to ? [emoji24]
Indeed!
When a photographer suggests that someone ought to just steal someone's images because they're maybe not labelled correctly...

And that a couple of prints are worth a potential legal battle...

What indeed is the world coming to?

Reactions: Nod
I would absolutely consult a lawyer before printing or speaking to the photographer, or indeed your sister. What is a couple of thousand pounds for the sake of peace of mind?

I would absolutely consult a lawyer before printing or speaking to the photographer, or indeed your sister. What is a couple of thousand pounds for the sake of peace of mind?
Might even get legal aid.

She has understood the reason why not even if I could
have opened the email.

People share photographs all the time via Dropbox it's becoming the norm. Going back to the original post a "group of people have gone on holiday together" one of them has sent these photographs via Dropbox !
Is the photographer a professional ? - This hasn't even been established yet.

On a general note, it's always best to get wives, sisters, nephews, nieces etc to sign model release forms before any family event in case you decide to take any snaps while there. It needn't be a lengthy form and it keeps things right.

Glad this is resolved. :) To step out of the keen bean amateur/pro photog bubble for a moment. Everyone is printing out bloody everything in the real world. If you're not making any kind of profit or sharing commercially then no one gives a damn!
Saying that @wooster is absolutely correct. I never leave my bedroom without consent disclaimers.

Back