Amazed at big difference in price...

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just been comparing prices between Jessops and Warehouse Express and couldn't belive the difference in prices. I put together similar 'kits' on both sites and there's almost a £140 difference.

Here's what I put together.
Warehouse Express
Nikon D5000 + 18-105mm VR lens
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Macro Super DG lens
2x Sandisk Ultra 2 8Gb SDHC
Price £830 inc delivery[/B
]
Jessops (online)
Nikon D5000 Body
Sigma 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC OS lens
Price £965 inc delivery

Would Jessops be prepared to match the Warehouse Express Price?

Price match normally only works on like for like, which you haven't specced

And...there are many things where Jessops are cheaper... I bought my 50mm 1.4 and SB900 from them as they were cheapest. Picking out one package is unfair!

They are the same price for the D700 while say Calumet is £50 more, and the 18-70 is £80 cheaper in Jessops than anywhere else!!!

A shop will only price match if its a like for like... Try Digital Depot, great service too!

aligibbs said:
Why do you want them to price match? Why not just buy from Warehouse Express?
Because I'd like to support my local retailer and I'd like to collect the items myself from the shop.

grumpybadger said:
Price match normally only works on like for like, which you haven't specced
Jessops don't offer the D5000 with the 18-105mm VR lens as a 'kit' so I went for the nearest thing which was the Sigma 18-125mm.

Local retailer? Really? Jessops is a national chain, you're not supporting a local retailer.

Nikon AF-S 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR £175.00ish
Sigma 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC OS lens £250ish

So there is £75 of difference straight away

Normally shops such as Jessops only price match with high street stores where the item is cheaper and in current stock. Not sure they would for online prices.

I've just been comparing prices between Jessops and Warehouse Express and couldn't belive the difference in prices. I put together similar 'kits' on both sites and there's almost a £140 difference.

Here's what I put together.
Warehouse Express
Nikon D5000 + 18-105mm VR lens
Price £830 inc delivery[/B
]
Jessops (online)
Nikon D5000 Body
Sigma 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC OS lens
Price £965 inc delivery

Would Jessops be prepared to match the Warehouse Express Price?

However, if you compare like with like you need to add £205 onto the WeX price so they are actually £60 dearer than Jessops......;)

I have bought from Jessops (High street store, not online) and they would always price match with WEX.

Good on them! And thanks, always worth considering in the future! (y) My local Jessops were excellent when I got my camera saving me over a hundred :)

Because I'd like to support my local retailer and I'd like to collect the items myself from the shop.

ah so you want the convenience of being able to pick your kit up from a shop near you but you don't want to pay the difference that exists to cover their expenses of setting up a chain, supply chain, advertising so you know they're there etc?

comparing web based with a chain that is trying to keep photography inthe public eye is just daft

if you want convenience - pay for it

Can't believe I'm doing this but I'm going to side with Jessops. I've noticed over the last three years they've become more competitive on certain things - I bought a 120-300 from Jessops which was £500 cheaper than WEX at the time.

ah so you want the convenience of being able to pick your kit up from a shop near you but you don't want to pay the difference that exists to cover their expenses of setting up a chain, supply chain, advertising so you know they're there etc?

comparing web based with a chain that is trying to keep photography inthe public eye is just daft

if you want convenience - pay for it

Agree with this, if all these ONLINE ONLY retailers were to open shops and sell their products in store aswell they would be much more expensive due to all the overheads involved with running a retail store.

But saying that, you pay for the convience of getting one the same day and from a store where you can take it back to immediately and not have the trouble of sending it back to whereever they are for a repair, etc.

Agree with this, if all these ONLINE ONLY retailers were to open shops and sell their products in store aswell they would be much more expensive due to all the overheads involved with running a retail store.

But saying that, you pay for the convience of getting one the same day and from a store where you can take it back to immediately and not have the trouble of sending it back to whereever they are for a repair, etc.

Except WEX isn't an ONLINE ONLY retailer. ;)

Back