Amazon - In stock?

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
I have seen this a couple of times now so it's time to ask the world if something strange is going on. I order an item on Amazon that has 1 left in stock (more on the way) as soon as I have place my order, I return to the item page and it now just says "in stock".

Have Amazon just miraculously found some more stock or is there something strange going on here? Surely not Amazon.

Sneaky business tactics commonly aimed at the more gullible, sorry, vulnerable members of society. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

That doesn't explain why sometimes it says something like "only 20 left in stock" though, that's not going to push me into buying it.

Sometimes because you buy the last item from a seller then it switches to a different one if that makes sense.

A market trader in Gravesend Market used to do that about 50 years ago.

"Come on its the last one ... sold to the lady in the red coat!

and we have another last one!! who wants this last one then"

Sometimes because you buy the last item from a seller then it switches to a different one if that makes sense.
Exactly that :)

Further more. In stock seems to reflect in stock at the distributor for some sellers.

In stock at dispatch warehouse then in stock at reserve/supplier warehouse

It's not dodgy tactics. Take a look at the seller.
The original item may have been sold by Amazon and only had one left in stock. As that item was now sold, the next seller will take the sale page and probably has stock.

It's not dodgy tactics. Take a look at the seller.
The original item may have been sold by Amazon and only had one left in stock. As that item was now sold, the next seller will take the sale page and probably has stock.
I had a look, the next was is also sold and dispatched by amazon, same price etc.

It's worth checking sometimes as I've found out recently they will when there own stock is sold out switch the advert over to a market place seller :)

So it's worth checking if that is what has happened

It's worth checking sometimes as I've found out recently they will when there own stock is sold out switch the advert over to a market place seller :)

So it's worth checking if that is what has happened
Look up^

Back