Non UK Amsterdam?

Amsterdam is a bit of a tourist trap but in some ways it can still be a fun place to visit. The sex museum is pretty hilarious. The Canabis college is worth a visit.

Have not been in a while but used to visit regularly and Grey Area was always our favourite coffee shop. Be careful if bringing any camera equipment Amsterdam isn’t always the friendliest of places and any easily seen valuables will make you a target.

There are loads of great museums to visit and some interesting architecture. Stay of the shrooms unless you have someone to look after you!

You can get a hop on hop off waterbus ticket which from memory was quite good value, I think it was valid for 24 hrs but I can't recall the price, from memory it was not all that expensive

We used to have an exhibition here every year.

The flower market was interesting, good place for photos.
The De Pijp area is nice, latin area, restaurants, bars, pubs, and the park is relaxing and has a large street market Albert Cuypmarkt
if you're into museums, the Rijksmuseum has several famous paintings, rembrants etc, there's also the Van Gogh museum.
Anne Frank house of course, and theres a resistance museum

The red light area of course at night. Don't take photos of the ladies, or many photos in the area, but good restaurants and pubs, and some eye opening sex shops with displays in the window!
If you're going there, check out the Our Lord in the Attic museum - lots of stairs though
There's china town next door to the red light area as well.

Did I mention several good bars and restaurants :D

I'd recommend getting an iAmsterdam Pass, which gives you free public transport all over the city, a canal trip and entry to loads of museums, as well as my favourite place, the Artis Royal Zoo, one of the best I've ever been to and great for taking photos.

Place called Foam. Plus many other museums, markets and venues. Much too many to list.

Foam :

"This excellent photography museum, located in a renovated canal house, holds regular exhibitions of works by shutter-button maestros like August Sander as well as advertising from local agency KesselsKramer, and shows covering local themes such as Amsterdam crime scene photos (plus universal themes like Kate Moss). They also organise talks and events for the photographically obsessed."

We are looking to do a street shoot for a band in the red light district area. Would additional permissions be required for this at all?

Thank you

Went to Amsterdam a few years ago, nice and friendly place. Although my Favourite was Naarden Vesting, that was a little train ride away. Lovely old buildings, and the locals were ever so friendly. I only wished I had of taken a decent camera with me.

Back