An off camera flash portrait B+W

Name
Daniel Giles
Edit My Images
Yes
So after our shoot we decided to play about with some off camera flash stuff heres one of the images i managed to grab. Let me know what you guys think. After recently selling my 5d mkiii and rebuying a new dslr i'm loving the picture my new 6D is producing. Anyone else loving theirs? i actually think image quality is on par with the 5d iii..............awaits the hate :D:eek::exit:

martin 11 b+w by Daniel Giles, on Flickr

I like it even though I know I probably shouldn't as muscles are all about the shadows hence all the fake tan :). Perhaps a slight tone down of the whites on the pecs would make it just that bit better as the lighting is a tad harsh on my screen.

PS I've had the 6D before my 5D MKIII and I think you'd be roughly right on the picture quality haha. I think the 5D just pips it :p

Hard light sources are a good approach to sculptural
subjects. This implies being careful about two points:

— the specular characteristics of the shin
— proper control of the highlights
— control of the falloffs
The first needs to be addressed as seen on the right
side of his face, the second behind his left leg too hot
and the third find the better balance between the two
sides of the face (not that left is too dark but the right
side is a tad too hot.

For the rest, the expression of the stature is very con-
vincing.

I get all the techie info from Daniel and because i'm no expert I leave it to them that are.For me it looks great pov is cool model and pose great and the main atraction (body Muscles) are captured perfectly shown offf in all there glory.

Gaz

I do own a 6d and really like it. That said I had a 450d prior to that which I loved. As you can see I don't swap and buy cameras much. I find the 6d good in respect of menu and buttons.Not many and what there is are easy to find and use quickly.

That's not a body to be proud of .. .. .. the camera I mean (compliments of a Nikon user) .. .. :nikon::D I do like the image and the lighting though .. . :)

Back