And Britain is rip off?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Just have to let of steam!!!
Looking for a Beauty Dish for a speedlight and came across one on Ebay.uk with posting from USA with FREE postage (note FREE postage)
cost for this Opteka BD-5 £25.21 with FREE postage. just over $39 approx.
So looked on Amazon USA and same item being sold by the same vendor at $7.95 just over £5 with free postage in the USA.
And we say Britain is a Rip Off country!!!
Rant Over thanks for reading :ty:
Russ

People have to make a living:D

Hi, Just have to let of steam!!!
Looking for a Beauty Dish for a speedlight and came across one on Ebay.uk with posting from USA with FREE postage (note FREE postage)
cost for this Opteka BD-5 £25.21 with FREE postage. just over $39 approx.
So looked on Amazon USA and same item being sold by the same vendor at $7.95 just over £5 with free postage in the USA.
And we say Britain is a Rip Off country!!!
Rant Over thanks for reading :ty:
Russ
I'm not sure what your point is? They've rolled up international delivery into the item cost. £20 might be a bit high, but it depends what kind of service was being used? For tracked, insured, express, signed for, £20 transatlantic for a largish parcel doesn't seem outlandish. You pay £8+ for Special Delivery within the UK!

Exactly. There is no such thing as free posting. A lot of noise about nothing.

Last edited:
Just looked up the sale on Ebay, love the picture of the dish mounted on a flash on top of camera. 17" is not massive but it still manages to obscure the lens.

ETA: it's worth changing the search to worldwide, which finds a better deal from the same seller

Last edited:
People have to make a living:D
True
We used to do deliveries in the take away I worked in years ago. People would complain when we would charge £1.80 for a delivery of three miles radius. My car insurance went up by about £1k as it was classed as business use. My petrol bill rocketed etc No such thing as free delivery, someone has to pay for it !

You've not been "ripped off" yet, wait until it hits this country with a £5.05 VAT bill and £13 for parcelforce to "handle" the process for you.

Then again, feel free to collect the item in person if you think the charges are too much ;)

Back