And the award for THE worst tasting food goes to

Anything fish based, cant stand the smell!
Nor the texture of coconut!

realspeed said:
curry- baked beans and brussel sprouts all at the same time. May not be a good mixture but its a sure fire way to find out where your backside it.

Bazza

I think everyone else will know as well! May explain global warming...........

US Army combat rations in the late 60's, a tin of " meat ".
Lumps of fat in a salty fatty gloop eaten cold with our fingers. Couldn't drink water with it, followed by a 20k hike. No-one kept it down, in fact I feel quite nauseous thinking about it now.

footman said:
US Army combat rations in the late 60's, a tin of " meat ".
Lumps of fat in a salty fatty gloop eaten cold with our fingers. Couldn't drink water with it, followed by a 20k hike. No-one kept it down, in fact I feel quite nauseous thinking about it now.

I think they were sent over here and used in the 24 hr ration pack that I always ended up with.....still in use 30 years on!

Anchovies...absolutely disgusting...Quark, absolutely pointless.

And the award for THE worst tasting food goes to . . .

Bananas

closely followed by :

Beetroot

Both of them were created by Satan himself.
Nothing at all wrong with pickled eggs . . . yummmmm

Food of the gods bananas:D

NOOOOO Mushy peas are ace. Bit of vinegar makes them slide down nice:D

Oh and another one, tofu.

Had some once, if you can imagine the bottom heel of a plain loaf soaked in salt water you've just about got it :(

Pork pie mushy peas with mint sauce,

Mushy peas are awesome....especially if they are on the same plate as steak pudding and chips.....yummmm...chippy tea!!

When I was a kid there were sweets that tasted of ear wax!

How would you know that unless you have eaten your own ear wax:puke:

or even worse someone else's ear wax:D

LOL!!!

I remember some sweets called 'floral gums' that looked like mini wine gums (original shape) but tasted of soap!!! :puke:

delicious!!! :LOL:

Confession time -

Today at Best mates Birthday Bash whislt BBQ chef extrordinaire.. I did my usual trick on the veggie sausages -

Take one normal sausage
Take one sharp knife
Stab the former with the latter and cover in what drips out
Turn until golden

Perfectly cooked veg sausage....

I confessed to her dad who in turn confessed to cooking "veggie bacon" (WTF) in real bacon fat.

Ho hum.

Back