Angry White and Thick

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty who love it. Should they be deprived of something great because of the sanctimonious (IMHO few).

Anyway, it's a matter for the people of Spain and not a matter for us, even if we visit/go to live there.

I was merely pointing out that although it is a tradition in those countries, there are also plenty who oppose it.
Does that mean that those who oppose it should not be classed as citizens of those countries?

No, but if you go and plan to live in Spain and oppose it, you should not go to live in Spain.

Why?
One can love so many things about a country and still disagree with some.
It doesn't make you a radical.
It makes you a balanced person.

Oh dear. I better bite my lip
All I,ll say is we should treat all animals and critters with respect and anyone who harms them for sport is an idiot

Well, I nearly managed to say nothing and I better not open another can of worms

Oh dear. I better bite my lip
All I,ll say is we should treat all animals and critters with respect and anyone who harms them for sport is an idiot

Well, I nearly managed to say nothing and I better not open another can of worms

Can open....worms everywhere. ...
:LOL:

If I had to live somewhere I didn't disagree with any of their views I'd have to go into space, no one agrees with everything in any country surely

Because it's part of what they do. If you feel that's not compatible with your views you shouldn't go there.

I pity you your all encompassing bigotry (and those around you who have to tolerate it). ...and before anyone gets precious about the word...Google the definition.

Those who feel very strongly about a countries customs/culture surely are well advised to visit/live somewhere they find less antagonising?

You cited fox hunting as a custom /culture in a previous post, when it is barely the first and not remotely the second in Britain.

Were you raised by wolves?
Oh, wait........no........

You cited fox hunting as a custom /culture in a previous post, when it is barely the first and not remotely the second in Britain.

Ah yes, that old British tradition...

The use of scenthounds to track prey dates back to Assyrian, Babylonian and ancient Egyptian times and was known as venery

(Wikipedia).

Steve.

What Brits go to live abroad and complain about the presence of local customs.

Imagine going to Saudi and claiming its unfair they don't sell pork...it doesn't happen.

I'm pretty sure you can buy pork there. I mean YOU. If you lived there you could probably buy pork. And alcohol. You should go there. Please.

So you think it's ok for those who don't like our secular state and culture derived in Christianity to come here, sponge off our state and try make us change our ways then cry like babies if we deem that unacceptable.

Amazing spouting of bigoted rhetoric I've ever seen on this forum.

Are you a UKIP candidate? member of EDL?

Just out of interest, which church do you belong to, how regularly do you attend?

Just out of interest, which church do you belong to, how regularly do you attend?

I'm starting to suspect our friend is a repressed homosexual who's got a crush on a local imam!

I'm pretty sure you can buy pork there. I mean YOU. If you lived there you could probably buy pork. And alcohol. You should go there. Please.
The majority of the Turkish population is Muslim and you can buy pork product there.

The amount of restaurants in the tourist areas offering "REAL PORK!" or "REAL BACON!" was obserd.

So it's bigoted because what? You don't agree. I'm afraid that's more or less how it is.

It's also in reply to a post in the context of moving to Spain if you are vehemently against bull fighting. It would be wrong to move to Spain if you were vehemently against bull fighting then cry like a baby about animal cruelty once there.

A bit like Muslims coming here, living here, getting an education then flying off to Syria to be trained in the art of killing us?

So it's bigoted because what? You don't agree. I'm afraid that's more or less how it is.

It's also in reply to a post in the context of moving to Spain if you are vehemently against bull fighting. It would be wrong to move to Spain if you were vehemently against bull fighting then cry like a baby about animal cruelty once there.

A bit like Muslims coming here, living here, getting an education then flying off to Syria to be trained in the art of killing us?

Many of those who have gone to fight were born and raised here.

The majority of the Turkish population is Muslim and you can buy pork product there.

The amount of restaurants in the tourist areas offering "REAL PORK!" or "REAL BACON!" was obserd.

Indeed. My wife is a Turkish Muslim who enjoys nothing more then a glass of wine.

TBF away from the tourist areas pork and bacon are very hard to find. Alcohol is openly sevrd pretty much everywhere. Although you do com across the odd resturant that requests you're a bit discrete about drinking it

So it's bigoted because what? You don't agree..

Oh and it's bigoted because it meets the definition:

Bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong

I don't doubt that westerners can buy those things. Can they buy them in shopping centres or corner shops etc?

Reactions: ST4
I don't doubt that westerners can buy those things. Can they buy them in shopping centres or corner shops etc?

My pal who lived in Saudi said pork and alcohol were not able to be procured. He was fine with it, their country, their rules and all that jazz.

It applies to us there, but not to them here as we are afraid we'd be brandished racists or bigoted or something. Well some are, but not me :)

Oh and it's bigoted because it meets the definition:

Bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong
I suppose it also depends on the definition of unreasonable:p

Reactions: ST4
I suppose it also depends on the definition of unreasonable:p

unreasonable/ʌnˈriːz(ə)nəb(ə)l/

adjective

not guided by or based on good sense.

My pal who lived in Saudi said pork and alcohol were not able to be procured. He was fine with it, their country, their rules and all that jazz.

It applies to us there, but not to them here as we are afraid we'd be brandished racists or bigoted or something. Well some are, but not me :)
I've never been to Saudi, so I don't know too much about the country etc, but I am under the impression that westerners live in compounds or specified areas, and in those areas they can drink alcohol etc.
I'm not sure if that is the case, or was the case in the past?

I've never been to Saudi, so I don't know too much about the country etc, but I am under the impression that westerners live in compounds or specified areas, and in those areas they can drink alcohol etc.

My friend didn't live in a compound although I do know what you refer to. I'd be wary of breaching any laws there, both out of respect to them and self preservation.

Other states were more liberal, like Bahrain in terms of alcohol procurement and pork. However, their laws, rules, customs, it's not our place to influence theirs.

You're free to live where you choose, but yes, many choose to live in these compounds for the reasons you gave.
Woman can also drive within those areas, but not outside them.

alcohol is legal within the designated compounds.
As it is in restraunts / hotels in other "dry" Middle Eastern countries.

alcohol is legal within the designated compounds.
As it is in restraunts / hotels in other "dry" Middle Eastern countries.

You don't mean to say we have forced our customs into enclaves of their country.

Next you'll be telling me that the western compounds are 'no-go' areas for the locals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back