Animals in natural habit

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
all,

dunno if this is the right section but i want to go out tomorrow (around newcastle/north east area) to snap some animals that arent caged up, does anyone have any good suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi Chris
plenty to see around newcastle if you know where to look, get yourself along the derwent walk beside thornley woods its excellent for the red kites best vantage point is the viaduct.
plessey woods beside cramlington is a must for red squirrels, jays,dippers and wagtails.
big waters nature reserve beside wideopen is good for the otters but you need bucket loads of patience.
I suggest that if you wish to just stroll along with some very good wildlife encounters then try holywell dene , Holywell dene runs from seaton sluice through to the village of holywell Species you should encounter include foxes, badgers, woodpeckers, treecreeper, nuthatch and there are at least two seperate male kingfishers that have territories here.
And one absolute gem of a place is the wood just south east of gosforth race course if you look on google maps it is labeled gosforth wood and gosforth lake access is from salters lane.
It has been a while since i was last there but was home to a healthy population of red squirrels, deer, tawny owls and foxes.
Best of luck with your adventures hope to see some of your wildlife pics up on the site soon.

Hi Chris
plenty to see around newcastle if you know where to look, get yourself along the derwent walk beside thornley woods its excellent for the red kites best vantage point is the viaduct.
plessey woods beside cramlington is a must for red squirrels, jays,dippers and wagtails.
big waters nature reserve beside wideopen is good for the otters but you need bucket loads of patience.
I suggest that if you wish to just stroll along with some very good wildlife encounters then try holywell dene , Holywell dene runs from seaton sluice through to the village of holywell Species you should encounter include foxes, badgers, woodpeckers, treecreeper, nuthatch and there are at least two seperate male kingfishers that have territories here.
And one absolute gem of a place is the wood just south east of gosforth race course if you look on google maps it is labeled gosforth wood and gosforth lake access is from salters lane.
It has been a while since i was last there but was home to a healthy population of red squirrels, deer, tawny owls and foxes.
Best of luck with your adventures hope to see some of your wildlife pics up on the site soon.

thats exactly what i wanted! if i could buy you a beer i would! (y)

Back