Annoying Oystercatcher

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
These were everywhere on the Isle (North Uist) and wouldn't ever shut up - alerting anything within earshot of your presence! I was lying down here and it came wandering up over the bank and started shouting away. Walked off when I said "Ahhh shaaad aaap" at it :D

4741540343_77a1aa05dc_b.jpg

Minor crop to reduce the amount of room above the bird. Canon 50D, 500mm F4 + 1.4TC, tripod-mounted.

Hi Pete

Looks like you had a good old slanging match! I really like this, don't have anything else to say about it.

Al

Exposure is nailed on that Pete, I like it it plenty.

On the noise alarms, blackbirds are my biggest bugbear for warning everything in the vicinity to my presence......:bang:

Like that Pete. We were commenting on Shetland that something needs to become an oyster catcher predator. It would be so easy, just follow the racket...

Like that Pete. We were commenting on Shetland that something needs to become an oyster catcher predator. It would be so easy, just follow the racket...

If only... they seemed to go ballistic even when you were nowhere near them. I think this one was quite surprised as it wandered up the slope to find me prone on the other side, photo-ing plovers. :)

Thanks for the comments folks. :)

He's certainly giving as good as he's getting!!!

Nice work (y)

Glad you remembered to phot while chatting away.

just superb

Keith (y)

Back