Daily Another 365

Thanks Jake.

This is today's shot. December is going to be a hard month to post images without posting too many personal ones! This is also my Christmas Card entry. I'm actually quite chuffed that I've managed to produce something that fits the criteria of a competition, if I'm honest. I never seem to be able to make an image for a competition until after a deadline has passed! lol

11092583814_9637f36946_o.jpg

Thanks.

Today was a bad camera day...I didn't have it when I maybe should have done, missing some awesome shots, then when I went to do a still life shot...my battery was dead, so was my spare...and the other camera uses CF cards but didn't have one in...so I processed another shot from yesterday, though it's not as good. Processed differently and kinda....depressing!!

11107882654_75e37ca6f0_o.jpg

Sounds as if you had the kind of day I had, I started off in good spirits went out for a lovely ride on my motorbike ended up in Cheltenham ( I went the long way round ). arrived in Cheltenham got my my camera gear organised thinking I might be able to take something decent for my 365. I turned on the camera only to find out there was no sd card I was kicking my self :bang: ended up meeting a friend for hot chocolate instead.

Thanks

Typically of me, I'm beating myself up for having 2 images so similar, with the whole battery scenario the other day - I'm far too harsh on myself, I know that. Anyway, here's 2, one for today and one to make up for my failure the other day. ;)

11158739305_65412b7fe8_z.jpg

11158801854_38e2ee3b48_z.jpg

I know what you mean about beating your self up and being to harsh, i am just the same with my self, I like the money shot.

Thank you. I love shots of children playing with things other than toys. They have some kind of magic about them...if you can capture the curiosity.

Busy few days anyway...
I think my photography is improving - I'm taking far fewer shots to get what I want.

11213466215_c179a2e1d4_z.jpg

11213472734_5d4d07c952_z.jpg

A real candle in the candle holder, it's inevitably made the writing blurred somewhat. Not usually something that I'd like.

Nice to see you progressing Nattelie - apologies for not commenting again sooner but with this new forum I constantly seem to not be getting alerts when people update their threads :(

Some really nice shots you've taken of late - the calender and coins shots both work well and are captured spot on, im not so keen on the hand/guitar shot but really like both of yesterdays shots (y)

Thanks guys :)
I'm chuffed that you think I'm progressing, Marcus, I'm having a bit of a rough time at the moment, so it's reassuring and lovely to read it tbh. Thank you.

Since I was doing hand shots yesterday, I had the idea of introducing a bass into the shot. I didn't get the shot that I wanted - I'm having difficulty getting the vantage point and giving direction, which is incredibly frustrating, so I'm making do with this shot for today (5 in the set on flickr though). The reflection in the tuning key is annoying me though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magicmynx/11278520634 SANDBERG BASS by Daisy In The Dark (MagicMynx), on Flickr
11278520634_c1fc6bac2b_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magicmynx/11299371013/ Christmas Bass by Daisy In The Dark (MagicMynx), on Flickr
11299371013_5fc6396d50_z.jpg

I wanted to continue the bass images, but a Christmassy spin on it. It didn't exactly go to plan, - again giving direction was an issue, - communicating is a massive struggle for me and I get very frustrated by it. It's also high key and I'm not good at montages so the change of background isn't only obvious with the green tinge on the tuning keys but probably because I'm not good at montages. Something to work on. I chose this bass because of the red writing, so that it would go with the Santa hat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magicmynx/11313913494/" title="Peek a boo! by Daisy In The Dark (MagicMynx), on Flickr
11313913494_b6f446f0ae_z.jpg

I took a few shots tonight, this is one of one of my little girls books, taken with my 50mm f/2.8, called "Buster's Zoo" - a follow on to "Dear Zoo". The intention was a shallow DOF so that the focus was on the chimp hiding, but my fingers in the shot being OOF but still obvious that they're fingers.

Back