Another Ebay rip off

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Well not too serious, but I bought a rubber ( Hoya) lens hood off of ebay to fit my newly aquired 50mm f/1.8
The filter screw in size is 52mm according to Canon site.
When the said hood arrived it didn't bloody well fit! So I ran tape across it and it comes out at 55mm. I emailed the seller and politely explained the error of his ways :D
But no response has been forth coming :( Looking at adapter rings I guess it will be cheaper to cut my losses and buy another, (I paid a fiver all in)

Got a linkie? Is he a regular seller on ebay?

How about a hall of shame for rip off artists? "Avoid these sellers"

I suppose any tales of woe can go in the Suppliers forum. We have a "Tales of good customer service" thread in there, so a "Tales of bad dealings" shouldnt be a problem I would have thought?

Was the hood you bought advertised as for the 50mm f1.8 and/or for a 52mm threadlike this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sigma-Rigid-L...1731099QQihZ001QQcategoryZ78999QQcmdZViewItem ? if it was then don't let up on the seller, for a fivers worth of kit he should be willing to replace it and take the loss. If he won't respond to another email report him to eBay, make it difficult for him

Snip from the actual ad, Steep
and I must say it does look perfect

A Collapsable Rubber Lens Hood in 52 mm screw fitting for Wide Angle and Standard Lenses in the focal length range 28 to 58 mm. The Hood is a Hoya top quality product in excellent condition and looks as if it's never been used

Well I did get an apologetic email eventually the guy was off line for 24 hrs for what ever reason :shrug: and has promised a full refund on receipt of said hood!
If you peel back the rubber lip of the lens hood 55mm is clearly visable. As I pointed out.

So I will wait and see what happens. If this goes pear shaped I will let you all know

Back