Another Garage studio

No .......!!!!!!!!! I sent that one to your lovely wife.... lol

YOU will be busy...

Dave

Ooh you cheeky monkey young Dave!!! I will be busy too, showing your lovely wife my jewellery! I'm attempting to train Darren to stop being so rude and lazy regarding making his guests drinks. I'm always the one who ends up doing it anyway. He says he gets side tracked or forgets, but he's just being lazy and relying on my hostessing skills to kick into play, because he knows I can't keep people waiting.

Well just having a play with the studio, here are a couple of my grand daughter...

lilymay100b.jpg

lilymay105.jpg

Very cute, getting some use out of it then

Oh yes, you've got to after spending all that time and money. The cost of this studio and the upgrades to my lighting etc have basically cost me my D3s upgrade from the D200.

Oh yes, you've got to after spending all that time and money. The cost of this studio and the upgrades to my lighting etc have basically cost me my D3s upgrade from the D200.

I'd bet that Image Quality per £ you've put the money in the right place :)

I'd bet that Image Quality per £ you've put the money in the right place :)
(y)
Most people spend far more on cameras and lenses than they need to and far less than they should on the things that really matter, which IMO are lighting and knowledge.

(y)
Most people spend far more on cameras and lenses than they need to and far less than they should on the things that really matter, which IMO are lighting and knowledge.

Absolutely agree. The £30 I spent on the studio day was brilliant and as soon as you have another on the fashion side I will be first in the queue. They are all fully booked now aren't they!

I am amazed at just have brilliant the Safari twin head kit is, if they could do a module that lets them run straight off the mains that would help as I have run out of battery twice so far and had to revert to my old £200 (for the entire set!) stable imaging ones. I will be getting a Lencarta Elitepro 300w (or 600w if I am feeling flush) and a Ring flash when I get paid together with a few other bits like more stands, a VERY low one!! etc then hopefully that should sort out the lighting for a while :)

I would just like to say how much have enjoyed watching your studio and photography with it develope (no pun intended)..:cautious:

Loving the new pic of your grand daughter..

another way to look at losing the D3s upgrade is, that now you will have the money for the Nikon D4 when it comes along.......... :bonk::help: I am looking forward to seeing what they do to the D3s and D3x..

Loving the work so far..

The pictures have improved since ..MD.. reminded me that I hadn't adjusted the levels on them correctly so I have done now and re-uploaded them.

I totally agree, and I'm totally guilty :LOL:

I still have the D700 which is virtually the same as the D3s, that's what I keep telling myself......

I still want my 70-200 f2.8 vr2 though, even more than the new body. Shame it will be little use in my studio which is rather small :)

Got to say a big thanks for last night Darren, it was quite a surprise to see such a comprehensive lighting setup in such a compact area .I came away with some nice shots from the night and hopefully we can still do some shooting outdoors next week (y)

Got to say a big thanks for last night Darren, it was quite a surprise to see such a comprehensive lighting setup in such a compact area .I came away with some nice shots from the night and hopefully we can still do some shooting outdoors next week (y)

Yes, looking forward to it. Got some good ideas last night, it helps to bounce ideas off other people.

Well the original studio lights and all the stands, modifiers etc are packaged up. New studio lighting arrived this morning from Lencarta, 2 x 300w ElitePro lights, stands and spangley strip box arrived but not used them at all yet as I've been too busy with Nat's stuff to have any time.....

Hopefully I'll get a bit of a play tomorrow but that is basically the lighting setup sorted.

Well the original studio lights and all the stands, modifiers etc are packaged up. New studio lighting arrived this morning from Lencarta, 2 x 300w ElitePro lights, stands and spangley strip box arrived but not used them at all yet as I've been too busy with Nat's stuff to have any time.....

Hopefully I'll get a bit of a play tomorrow but that is basically the lighting setup sorted.

Oooooh nice

Did you insulate the ceiling. and what's your head room now it's all done?

The ceiling was done with 9mm marine ply and there is a small air gap but no actual insulation. he height is just over 7 feet.

It'll be chilly in winter, but I guess you didn't have much choice. Looks good though, are you having many problems due to lack of space?

It'll be chilly in winter, but I guess you didn't have much choice. Looks good though, are you having many problems due to lack of space?

You can always benefit from more space! Luckily it is reasonably long so is is not as bad as it could be.

Can you post a pic of your latest setup, modifiers and all

Will do later but not actually had chance to even put the latest softbox together as been working on Nat's wheel chair mods for tomorrow.

Well I've just put the Lencarta stripbox together and it is really very good. You can feel that the quality is that bit better than the cheap ones. Anyway with the strip box firing at my back drop sheet (not the hilite) and the octo softbox firing at the subject (my daughter but bit a 5 in 1 reflector in the way of her face!) I got a white background without wrap around light without using a light meter or even adjusting the camera :)

I REALLY like these new ElitePro lights (y)

Back