Another go at shooting Blue Tits

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
I set this up in the back garden using an old oven tray, added some moss and a couple of stones from around the garden and filled it with water (about 1cm). Positioned the tray to give a nice background and then set the camera on a tripod and set it to manual and used a remote trigger to fire.

Birds006_LR.jpg

Clever setup, brilliant capture! (y)(y)(y)

This works for me because I'm only starting into shooting wildlife and have limited time, hence trying to attract them into my back garden. I get it's not a natural setup...but hey it's fun trying new things.

To echo some the previous comments crop is a little tight and the background is a little fussy. But it works, it is a set up I would like if I had the space. Assuming the birds get used to the set up, some really nice images should be possible.

Nice set up Brian, nice work. As other have said, its a little tight in the frame for my personal taste, maybe you like it this way - its all personal.

The head of the bird is a little softer than the feet, are you focussing manually then triggering with a remote? if so, maybe see if there is a way the remote could also get the focus going.

The environment is nice, I'd like to see some more as the project develops.

Mike

Brian, I think the way you did this creative setup is fantastic.:) regarding the image. Super!!....I agree with comments regarding background but this does not put me off. For me the reflection of the bird is larger than the bird so I looked at the image as a letterbox image cropped to just below the green moss and that (for me} produces an image that I find (again for me} a very pleasing image. Thanks for sharing this great picture from your brilliant creativity.(y) :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back